"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Yea. It was their first time to go broody and hatch chicks. The broody girl that turned mean even pecks at me know. When I get close to her (she's off the nest now) she makes the broody sounds and will peck at my feet.

Yea. It was their first time to go broody and hatch chicks. The broody girl that turned mean even pecks at me know. When I get close to her (she's off the nest now) she makes the broody sounds and will peck at my feet.

The screeching or the clucking? I've got a few hens walking through the yard clucking to themselves like broodies.

My biggest problem right now is I'm overrun with cockerels. I've got 4 honas that are 5.5 months old and starting to fight. They also are hopping their fence and trying to breed the layers. I need to pick my fav and sell the rest. Then I have a few EEs that I hatched to eat, but they're so nice and sweet I'm losing my nerve. :oops: I have a few hona culls to process, and I'm having a hard time doing that, too. I might try to sell the EEs first...

The screeching or the clucking? I've got a few hens walking through the yard clucking to themselves like broodies.

My biggest problem right now is I'm overrun with cockerels. I've got 4 honas that are 5.5 months old and starting to fight. They also are hopping their fence and trying to breed the layers. I need to pick my fav and sell the rest. Then I have a few EEs that I hatched to eat, but they're so nice and sweet I'm losing my nerve. :oops: I have a few hona culls to process, and I'm having a hard time doing that, too. I might try to sell the EEs first...

Oh how that sounds like me. If I could get away with it, I would keep all of mine too!
1f5fd.png

My biggest problem right now is I'm overrun with cockerels. I've got 4 honas that are 5.5 months old and starting to fight. They also are hopping their fence and trying to breed the layers. I need to pick my fav and sell the rest. Then I have a few EEs that I hatched to eat, but they're so nice and sweet I'm losing my nerve.
hide.gif
I have a few hona culls to process, and I'm having a hard time doing that, too. I might try to sell the EEs first...
She makes the broody grunt/ growl and flares out her feathers to me. She's definitely acts p-i-s-s-e-d off. Lol! (The forum censors the word that's hyphenated) :)

Last edited:
Does anybody have a rooster to go with 4 Lavender Orpington hens doesn't have to be Orpington breed don't want to breed them just to keep with hens

Anyone else going through fowl pox right now? Most of mine are getting better, no wet pox thankfully, but one of the chicks had a scab so large it almost covered her eye. Put some ointment in to try and protect her eye so we shall see.

It is hot. Supposed to rain next week so it will be even more humid and hot then. Less than an hour of work outside and I am wet with sweat. My poor Orpingtons, so big and fluffy, I know they are suffering.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Teresa

Back
Top Bottom