"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

We are looking at buying a house in Lacombe LA. Does anyone know what if any restrictions there are for chickens in Lacombe/St Tammany parish?[/quote/
I'm in Slidell, right outside city limits. No restrictions outside city limits. In Slidell you can have 4 no roosters. I don't know if lacombe is the same or not. Pam

Haven't posted here in a bit evidently lol. All new people. Hi all

Hi Mike! no more poultry here - I had to get rid of them all - my folks are in their mid-80s now & health issues, so I'm over there quite a bit more checking on them & something had to give. There are only so many hours in a day......someday I'll have them again. I really miss my peacocks most of all.

Hey has anybody noticed there seem to be more snakes about this year? We've killed several. I really need to get some more guineas - we never had snakes around when we had those!

Fortunately I've only had one snake so far this year. We found a little 2' long cottonmouth in the coop a couple weeks ago. He got rehomed. I guess this March wasn't as wet as the last couple years, at least no flooding here anyway.

Hi Mike,
I'm in Southwest LA as well. Leesville/Ft Polk area. Welcome back!.
frow.gif

Haven't posted here in a bit evidently lol. All new people. Hi all

Hi Mike, I'm still here. Good to hear from you. I heard you had losses from the flood. Hope that didn't to you. How did everyone do in these last storms? I hope everyone is ok. I'm down sizing now. I have Biefelders and Orust, I'm selling all of each breed. If anyone is intrested PM me. Pam

I. Forgot, I have 8 FBCMarans chickes, hatched March 21. Pm if intrested. Hope everyone made it through the storms ok. Pam

I wish! but not right now.

We had four tornadoes pass through our area. We watched one that was heading into town. Twice took cover in the hall w/the dogs leashed to me & a friend's daughter who was leasing a trailer house up the road from us - he got stranded over in Pineville & she was alone in the trailer - her roommate was out of town - so we went & got her & she stayed with us until it was safe to go back.

Overall, very very lucky. I still have several coworkers out who had flooding in their homes.

Back
Top Bottom