"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Water is high on the road today. Had to take the tractor to get the kids off the bus.

OK I've had it. Last night I had just put supper on the table & was heading back with a paper towel & as I passed by the dogs' grooming table, which I had next to the patio door, a baby king snake which was coiled up on it raised its' head & said "Hi" to me. It was next to a black-and-white dog leash I had braided - IDK maybe it thought it was another king snake?

I threw the paper towel over it, picked up snake & all & ran out the back door & across the back yard to the fence where I threw towel, snake & all over the fence.

I had the patio door open Sat & Sun & just the screen door closed because the weather was so nice, & I figure it slipped in then. We had a big king snake (Mama maybe)? on the patio last week.

I WILL be getting guineas just as soon as Petrus Feed & Seed gets them in, hopefully Friday! We NEVER had snakes when we had guineas and I did see them once tearing a snake apart.

I wish! but not right now.

We had four tornadoes pass through our area. We watched one that was heading into town. Twice took cover in the hall w/the dogs leashed to me & a friend's daughter who was leasing a trailer house up the road from us - he got stranded over in Pineville & she was alone in the trailer - her roommate was out of town - so we went & got her & she stayed with us until it was safe to go back.

Overall, very very lucky. I still have several coworkers out who had flooding in their homes.

Glad all turned out well. That's some scary weather. I have noticed we don't have snakes here this year. The dogs I think keep them away. All chicks are sold. I'll start a new batch tomorrow. Pam

OK I've had it. Last night I had just put supper on the table & was heading back with a paper towel & as I passed by the dogs' grooming table, which I had next to the patio door, a baby king snake which was coiled up on it raised its' head & said "Hi" to me. It was next to a black-and-white dog leash I had braided - IDK maybe it thought it was another king snake?

I threw the paper towel over it, picked up snake & all & ran out the back door & across the back yard to the fence where I threw towel, snake & all over the fence.

I had the patio door open Sat & Sun & just the screen door closed because the weather was so nice, & I figure it slipped in then. We had a big king snake (Mama maybe)? on the patio last week.

I WILL be getting guineas just as soon as Petrus Feed & Seed gets them in, hopefully Friday! We NEVER had snakes when we had guineas and I did see them once tearing a snake apart.

Let the math begin. :lau :gig

Hi Pam! Honas are still great. My last hatch was the darkest yet, so I think I made good choices. Still a few pink toe tips but no yellow faces this time. :yesss:

I got some isabel leghorns and isabel/legbar crosses from a BYC member in Texas. She's working on a lavender crele coloration, and these birds weren't contributing to her end results. I also hatched a dozen eggs for her and they're so cute!

I also hatched a few of my EE mixes and my first batch of cochin OE marans, they all hatched yellow and brown. NO clue what they'll look like. :lau

Terri, these little dark chicks are some of Georgette's great grandchicks! She's happily living in retirement at a chicken haven near Baton Rouge. I get regular updates on her.

Hi Pam! Honas are still great. My last hatch was the darkest yet, so I think I made good choices. Still a few pink toe tips but no yellow faces this time.
yesss.gif

I got some isabel leghorns and isabel/legbar crosses from a BYC member in Texas. She's working on a lavender crele coloration, and these birds weren't contributing to her end results. I also hatched a dozen eggs for her and they're so cute!

I also hatched a few of my EE mixes and my first batch of cochin OE marans, they all hatched yellow and brown. NO clue what they'll look like.
lau.gif

Terri, these little dark chicks are some of Georgette's great grandchicks! She's happily living in retirement at a chicken haven near Baton Rouge. I get regular updates on her.

Oh my gosh! Georgette must be a REALLY old lady by now! I sure do miss her & Gracie. They were two of my all time favorites.

One of my regular customers came for some honas and FELL IN LOVE with Georgette. He told me for months that he was coming for her, and I finally let him. His chickens are so spoiled, a big run with fig trees on either side and they each get lap time every night. :love

Last edited:
Hi Pam! Honas are still great. My last hatch was the darkest yet, so I think I made good choices. Still a few pink toe tips but no yellow faces this time. :yesss:

I also hatched a few of my EE mixes and my first batch of cochin OE marans, they all hatched yellow and brown. NO clue what they'll look like. :lau

I'm glad all is going well. I'm starting a new hatch Lemon coukoo Neiddhinders, FBCMs, and Crested cream legbars. I've been selling all the chicks I can hatch. I am down sizing. I'm keeping 4 breeds and selling off the rest. I've been able to cull the leakage out too. I'm selling a trio of sumalters, direct from green fire farms. They are 18 months old, good layers. They are duel propose heritage breed. Pm if intrested. Thanks Pam

Back
Top Bottom