"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

New to the thread, and there's 4701 pages :eek:. Not sure if anything has been posted about this yet, but does anyone here know how to become NPIP certified in LA?

I would like to possibly hatch chicks and sell them, and sell the eggs I collect but don't attempt to hatch.

Any advice on selling eggs? I have a few buyers but it's hard to sell to a few people when there are 9 laying machines in my backyard and demand doesn't keep up with supply.

hey ya'll

I'm from Natchitoches, LA. Good to know there are a few more from louisiana. I have sebastropol geese, african goose, toulouse geese, white frizzle chickens, and call ducks.
smile.png
and looking for more call ducks!!
Hi! I am a new member from Natchitoches- have six beautiful layers: barred rock, Delaware, Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire, and a brown leghorn

New to the thread, and there's 4701 pages :eek:. Not sure if anything has been posted about this yet, but does anyone here know how to become NPIP certified in LA?

I would like to possibly hatch chicks and sell them, and sell the eggs I collect but don't attempt to hatch.

Any advice on selling eggs? I have a few buyers but it's hard to sell to a few people when there are 9 laying machines in my backyard and demand doesn't keep up with supply.
Call your local ag office. They do or will get you to who does

Who has Pea Chicks around Lafayette, I know i haven't been active on here for quiet awhile, Hello to all my friends and to the new ones here, i have battled with RA for over a year now, been in a bad way but i am beginning a remission if that is possible, I am still avidly raising several types of poultry, chickens, geese, turkeys, quail, muscovys and pheasants. I have a co-worker wanting a duo of pea chicks, let me know what you know please, thanks Topdog

Last edited:
I got home from work today and one of my three chickens had been killed. I live in a city but my back yard backs up to a small forested area with some rural animals. I let my chickens free range my back yard with chicken wire across the bottom of my 6’ privacy fence. I’ve had them for 10 months or so and never seen another animal in my yard.

Tony had her breast area completely eaten out, her feathers spread over a 5’ area and her intestines laying out a few feet from her body. She still had her head on.

Any idea what it could have been? I thought it would have been a raccoon but it was sometime during the day. I will be locking my other two chickens up and keeping them in their coop till I figure out what could have happened. Thanks in advance.

either a possum or coon, maybe feral cat

Hey Y'all. I haven't been on in a while. How's everyone doing? Hope y'all had a good christmas! Have y'all seen the weather forecast for next week? Looks like we are getting in the low 20's for 4 or 5 nights in a row. I know they will probably be fine just wondering what everyone else is doing if anything at all.....
I have been absent also, been fighting RA but getting a grip on it, glad to see you are back

Back
Top Bottom