"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey y'all! I'm in the New Orleans area and just added to the flock - half the chicks sexed as female bought from a local retailer are cockerels.

Looking to RE-HOME for FREE one or both of my beautiful calm Easter Egger roosters.

18 weeks old - beautiful speckled - one a shimmery greenish black with gold fringe and another very calm one cream with brown spots (no crowing!).

Can drop off either one or both if within 150 miles.

Black: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArU9Fl9U_6OdshcG0o-m7PYx9ooc?e=MEielo

Cream: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArU9Fl9U_6Odshh7FnaLYETHY1U3?e=mGaV8B
Ohhhhh I WANT one of those pretty boys. My girls’ current housing doesn’t allow for any, plus I’m in the city so no boys. Heck :(

Its officially an all out war in the swamp… damn trash panda got in the run by digging under fence, then killing 4 of my layers!! ( turken, easter egger, salmon favorelle, & my favorite olive). beyond pissed to say the least. As secure as i had it stil found a way in. It drug the olive out, and took it. 2 were already dead and i had to finish the other off last nite. Poor girl suffered almost 24 hrs after the incident.. I had came in from work around 1 am that nite, and all were on there perch in coop. When i left at 5 am the rooster and a hen was at our front door crowing. Literally a 4 hour timespan … I knew something had happened bc i could still see the gate was locked shut. the wife called me about 20 min later to tell me the news and where it got in at. The birds that survived went out thru the hole the coon made. So now im down to 3 or 4 layers. 2 roos, 5 babies a month old and 12 chicks 2 wks old.

at least it didnt get any of the ducks.

she just started layng last week. If i thought her 4 eggs would make it i would incubate them.

Attachments

• 0265ED1F-3EBE-4CD5-BCAC-3EDB577CFA67.jpeg
    0265ED1F-3EBE-4CD5-BCAC-3EDB577CFA67.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 1
I am fighting predators, too. Still trying to get the netting right for the hawks but that's helped that problem. I put some "teenagers" in with the bigger chickens and found one severely injured pullet the next morning. I blamed it on a red hen that's pretty mean. So the teenager went into the carport cage and the red hen went to the goat pen...this morning I found 2 legs and 2 wings in the coop corner, so it's not the red hen. Still can't find any signs of where "it" got in. I bought a "Plug & Play" trail cam at the feed store and the guy who worked there said it would be easy...nope. I got a new pack of batteries and an SD card but cannot get the camera to work. I am aggravated. I hate Plug and Play - for me it's usually "Unplug and Take Back". Since I am off until Friday night, I will be sneaking out to play I spy with my predator. I hope it's not a chupacabra or the dreaded Comite-River-Humpbacked-Chicken-Picker....wish me luck!

you have field rats more than liekly. Then your other birds cannibalized..

I havent really been seeeing any hawks in My area or yours. I’ve got several stations off the river so i scan prety much daily lol. Makes the day go by. Can just about tell you every deer crossing, hawk nest, and redneck yeee yee house in baker / zachary / central

Oh and update came back and got a rooster two nites ago. Only this time i heard it and i blew what was left of the rooster and coon into unknown parts.. 10 steps away & buckshot didnt play. In my tussel i thought i grabbed the bird shells. but when i shot it killed both ends lol. almost midnite. Its nice not having neighbors close by. And my closest are parents who were in Arkansas and other neighbor I provid with eggs and they look after the place when we gone

ive got 2 live cameras running and 4 traps set now. Im going to texas this weekend to finish out hunting season so left the wife with the 22. She don’t play either; that was a couple of her babies. if i trap one she Can go kill it. The live cameras are on the traps.

Back
Top Bottom