"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
Sorry you've been feeling bad!!
hugs.gif

Thanks Missi...it's been ugghhh...lol... then tonight I been dealing with a shiddy issue
sickbyc.gif
.Girls decided to see how much stuff they could flush before the bowl stopped up.....
barnie.gif
smack.gif

I sold off my SLW
hit.gif
and my 7 mos old BO
hit.gif
, Ameraucans, as well as most of the BCM and RIR (except excess roosters for meat)..... Going to hold on to my younger BO and my BBS/LAvender orps and Golden Cuckoos and of course the silkies and showgirls.Those will fill my 4 new pens I'd been working on.Still have a trio of cochins for sale(laying) and a trio of Giant Pekins forsale and a male Lady Amherst pheasant and some melanistic babies. Keeping the buttons. Gelding Steve.lol....

Quote:
Sorry you've been feeling bad!!
hugs.gif

Thanks Missi...it's been ugghhh...lol... then tonight I been dealing with a shiddy issue
sickbyc.gif
.Girls decided to see how much stuff they could flush before the bowl stopped up.....
barnie.gif
smack.gif

I sold off my SLW
hit.gif
and my 7 mos old BO
hit.gif
, Ameraucans, as well as most of the BCM and RIR (except excess roosters for meat)..... Going to hold on to my younger BO and my BBS/LAvender orps and Golden Cuckoos and of course the silkies and showgirls.Those will fill my 4 new pens I'd been working on.Still have a trio of cochins for sale(laying) and a trio of Giant Pekins forsale and a male Lady Amherst pheasant and some melanistic babies. Keeping the buttons. Gelding Steve.lol....

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get back with you on the Pekins. I want them. I've been in Texas City the last couple of days entertaining my granddaughter before school starts. I'll catch up with you in a few days to work out a pickup schedule.

Quote:
sickbyc.gif
barnie.gif
smack.gif

I sold off my SLW
hit.gif
and my 7 mos old BO
hit.gif

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get back with you on the Pekins. I want them. I've been in Texas City the last couple of days entertaining my granddaughter before school starts. I'll catch up with you in a few days to work out a pickup schedule.

No problem.There still here right now...lol. I actually have a trio if interested. Come to find out hubby has 2 pairs back there,but "gimpy" will probly stay here,cause I doubt anyone would want him.Nothing is wrong with him bad,just he got his leg twisted in the wire when he was a few days old,and he's walked weird since.Kinda gimpy....lol....He isn't quite as big as the rest,but has actually grown more since we sold off the bulk of them.They have made my coop a HORRID mess...lol... I can't put them with the Muscoveys,cause the male scovey beats up on em.so they have free access to the chicken coop...
sickbyc.gif
Do you think you could make it to Slidell? I have to go that way within the next week and could tote them that way with me.

Quote:

No problem.There still here right now...lol. I actually have a trio if interested. Come to find out hubby has 2 pairs back there,but "gimpy" will probly stay here,cause I doubt anyone would want him.Nothing is wrong with him bad,just he got his leg twisted in the wire when he was a few days old,and he's walked weird since.Kinda gimpy....lol....He isn't quite as big as the rest,but has actually grown more since we sold off the bulk of them.They have made my coop a HORRID mess...lol... I can't put them with the Muscoveys,cause the male scovey beats up on em.so they have free access to the chicken coop...
sickbyc.gif
Do you think you could make it to Slidell? I have to go that way within the next week and could tote them that way with me.

Yes; Slidell is manageable. Sometime between next Mon - Thurs would work for me. I cannot make it next Friday.

I have had two chickens for a couple of months now and they still will not sleep on their pertch in the coop. They are about six months old now. Just started laying a week or so ago. I have gotten in there three nights in a row and placed them up on the pertch and they roost all night. I can tell cause no poop where they usually sleep. I am using wood shavings on the complete floor. So I am wondering if maybe I am using the wrong thing. I basically put a 2x4 on the flat about two feet from the floor. The coop is about 4' high. Any ideas? TIA

Good morning everyone. I hope that everyone had a relaxing evening.

All of the talk about thinning flocks and all, I had a nightmare about some kind of "Sci-Fi" creature that came on my property and started taking my chickens. I tried to distract this creature by getting it to run after me instead of my chickens but it didn't work the first few times. The creature finally started running after me and I jumped in a car full of people that I didn't know and then we drove into a neighborhood where we were attacked. People started throwing bottles of alcohol at the car and it shattered all of the windows and we smelled like alcohol. I was scared. I finally woke up and went outside to check on the animals. Everyone was ok.

Have a good day ya'll.
frow.gif

Quote:
Hello and Welcome to BYC
frow.gif

Hmm not sure, I have some 4 month olds in one coop with a 2x4 narrow side up and its a only a foot off the bottom I put it that low for when they where younger just never moved it higher. I would imagine 2 foot wouldnt be to high. Maybe put a latter going to it. Im sure someone else will have some good suggestions.

Quote:
Not sure why they are not using the perch. I use 2 x 4's so my chickens can have a flat surface and they love it. I know this sounds crazy but have you tried raising the roost to a higher height. I know they are not roosting at 2 feet on their own, so why would they want to roost higher huh? Just a thought. All of my chickens go for the top roost. Do you have other chickens in there with them that are picking on them and making them not want to roost or are they alone? Not sure what's going on with them. Maybe someone else will come along and offer more info that I have. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom