"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
he is a really nice lookin roo
smile.png

Quote:
Does he have white earlobes? It looks like it...If so ,definately not a Buff Orp. But it's not a Chantecler either...Wrong comb type and wrong leg coloring.... Like I said ,it could be an Orp (if the lobes are red) ,and just a poor breeding stock used... Or there is always the possibility of having a mix too. Even though they may SAY they only order from a certain place,doesn't mean they do... I've seen this personally....

He has red earlobes.

Hey Brittany I think he would go good with my Buff O hen. Hint hint. He is the most gentle domestic roo I have ever had.

Quote:
Does he have white earlobes? It looks like it...If so ,definately not a Buff Orp. But it's not a Chantecler either...Wrong comb type and wrong leg coloring.... Like I said ,it could be an Orp (if the lobes are red) ,and just a poor breeding stock used... Or there is always the possibility of having a mix too. Even though they may SAY they only order from a certain place,doesn't mean they do... I've seen this personally....

He has red earlobes.

Hey Brittany I think he would go good with my Buff O hen. Hint hint. He is the most gentle domestic roo I have ever had.

lol Hey i gots one of those too
smile.png
and shes layin

Hi! I'm pretty new here...I have been really wanting to start a backyard flock for a few years and my husband and I are finally seriously planning for our coop! I am in Brusly, LA (near Baton Rouge). Any members near me? I was in 4-H as a child and showed various chicken and duck breeds. I really miss the rooster crowing each morning. I can't wait until the spring when our project should be complete and ready for occupants!

Brandy

Well, I ended up with 8 babies out of 11 that went on lockdown. I did a float test on the last 3 and one was doing some serious rocking. I put it back I to see what happens.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom