"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hi all!

I'm sure Mike is fine. Probably just busy like most of us. It may be that he's not getting his notifications for the posts on the forum. I just realized that I hadn't received any in quite a while. I had this new design.

I saw the flood pictures. Some of you REALLY got a soaking.

Welcome to the two new eggs from Hammond

As many post that were made today I got 2 notifications. Sometimes I'll go days without one!! Crazy!

:fl  on your Sebbie eggs Twiley!! Hope they all hatch!!

I'm so sick and tired of not getting notifications. It's depressing. I have to go to my subscriptions and see what new posts are on the threads that I am subscribed to and have to read it that way. :mad:

Reading on this thread has put the thought of New Orleans into my head and also I have not had some good oysters in quite a while. Just decided to make plans and leave on Monday and spend about a week in NO. Looking forward to being there as I have not been there for over ten years. Will leave my chickens home

Reading on this thread has put the thought of New Orleans into my head and also I have not had some good oysters in quite a while. Just decided to make plans and leave on Monday and spend about a week in NO. Looking forward to being there as I have not been there for over ten years. Will leave my chickens home

Well come on over, there Capvin, I'm sure you'll have a great vacation and wonderful time of it in the BIG EASY. Good food too, so bring your loose fitting and relaxing clothes, LOL

Welcome to the La-yers site too.

jeff

I love looking at all the different breeds online; I think that will be my downfall! I first read about them on the Greenfire website (called the Basque Hen on their site), but the price was more than I'm willing to pay for chicks. I really liked what they had to say about them (high egg production, great foragers and very friendly), so I did a little research and found some hatching eggs at a reasonable price. Ten out of the 11 shipped eggs that made it to lockdown hatched. I just love the little cuties! I really hope they are as friendly as adults.

Hey there mzstre. I was reading your recent endeavour if you don't mind my nosiness, I was wondering where/whom did you get your Basque hen eggs from. If its private I would understand, just curious is all.

Jeff

Welcome to BYC. Sorry to hear about your baby.
This site should help you with your baby. I have had a chick or 2 in the past with a bad leg and I was able to correct it.
https://sites.google.com/a/larsencreek.com/chicken-orthopedics/
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for the link kuntrygirl He or she is chirping loudly I hope we can help it. One of the hard things about raising chickens is deciding when to cull them.
hit.gif

Reading on this thread has put the thought of New Orleans into my head and also I have not had some good oysters in quite a while.  Just decided to make plans and leave on Monday and spend about a week in NO.  Looking forward to being there as I have not been there for over ten years.  Will leave my chickens home

Hey there!!! You will love it in New Orleans. Great food and great fun! That's what it's all about. Make sure you bring your chickens back a New Orleans souvenir. :)

[COLOR=800080]Welcome to BYC. Sorry to hear about your baby.

This site should help you with your baby. I have had a chick or 2 in the past with a bad leg and I was able to correct it.
https://sites.google.com/a/larsencreek.com/chicken-orthopedics/

Good luck and keep us posted.[/COLOR]

Thanks for the link kuntrygirl   He or she is chirping loudly I hope we can help it.  One of the hard things about raising chickens is deciding when to cull them. :hit

I know. It's hard to make that decision. I am sending good and healthy vibes your way. I'm pulling for this little one. :fl :hugs

Well this afternoon I will be getting my NPIP testing done! LOL This poor guy has no idea that I'm going to have more questions for him about my birds than he will for me!!! LOL!!!! I'm actually excited about his visit today!!!

Chris

Morning everyone! One day till lock down on my first hatch. Still waiting on the part for my incubator until I order some seramas or showgirls. I really should wait until my hubby and I find some land to purchase, but I can't help myself. My uncles incubator is stressing me out. I have two thermometers in there, one came with the bator, the other I bought to check the humidity. They are three degrees different!!! I am going by the one that came with the bator, but seeing the lower temp on the other meter is giving me a panic attack.

Back
Top Bottom