"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Terri, I am down to 4 pea eggs under the broody hens. I went out yesterday to check to see if I had any pea chicks that had hatched and I find a 40lb butterball turkey standing in a nesting box ON TOP OF 2 PEA EGGS !!!!!!!!!!! She had crushed 2 eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smack.gif
And I have 1 egg missing !!!!!!!!!! I have no idea where it is. I think that egg eater that pecked open the first pea egg probably got to it . Boy, if I could catch her!!!!
somad.gif

So that leaves only 4 pea eggs in the nesting boxes. And of course the eggs I have in the incubator. I am really stressing over here. So, I'm hoping for at least 1 of the 4 to hatch if not more.
Well, at least the pea girls are still laying eggs. I will keep trying with the eggs that they are laying.
hmm.png
hit.gif
I was just coming on to ask how they were doing.
hit.gif
I am so sorry! Oh gosh, I think I would've wrung me a turkey neck!!!! I hope you catch that egg eating culprit!

I wanted to take a pic of Gen.Mcnoodlenose doin' his thang, but the big hen tried to eat my camera the first few attempts.

Terri, I am down to 4 pea eggs under the broody hens. I went out yesterday to check to see if I had any pea chicks that had hatched and I find a 40lb butterball turkey standing in a nesting box ON TOP OF 2 PEA EGGS !!!!!!!!!!! She had crushed 2 eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smack And I have 1 egg missing !!!!!!!!!! I have no idea where it is. I think that egg eater that pecked open the first pea egg probably got to it . Boy, if I could catch her!!!! :mad:

So that leaves only 4 pea eggs in the nesting boxes. And of course the eggs I have in the incubator. I am really stressing over here. So, I'm hoping for at least 1 of the 4 to hatch if not more.

Well, at least the pea girls are still laying eggs. I will keep trying with the eggs that they are laying. :/ :hit

I was just coming on to ask how they were doing. :hit I am so sorry! Oh gosh, I think I would've wrung me a turkey neck!!!!  I hope you catch that egg eating culprit!

Thanks Terri. I wouldn't be so upset if this were a chicken, duck or goose egg but this is a PEA EGG !!!!!!!!!!!!! :hit

LOL @ wrung me a turkey neck. Ooooooooooooooo, I thought about it for a brief second. :mad:

I'm still hoping for the best. :/

Gracie, on the two Sebastopol goslings in question, I think you called it correctly at the beginning. I think you're right that they look like they'll be splashes. Also, judging from their tails, I think both of them will be curly. Next step is to determine their gender. I have two more from your female hatching today. The eggs that she's setting on are due to hatch around June 7.

Gracie, on the two Sebastopol goslings in question, I think you called it correctly at the beginning. I think you're right that they look like they'll be splashes. Also, judging from their tails, I think both of them will be curly. Next step is to determine their gender. I have two more from your female hatching today. The eggs that she's setting on are due to hatch around June 7.

MIne are all done for the year. I only kept one white female. Down to 6 Sebbies total. 3 whites, a splash, and 2 grays.

MIne are all done for the year. I only kept one white female. Down to 6 Sebbies total. 3 whites, a splash, and 2 grays.
I haven't decided what I'll keep yet, although, I know for sure that I'm keeping the buff saddleback regardless of gender, and if the splashes are female I'll sell/trade/bargain one to you and I'll keep one to breed back with the father to get the color he's carrying. If the splashes turn out to be male, I'll probably sell one or both. On the rest of the goslings, I'm going to grow them out and determine their sex then plan what I'll keep and get rid of the rest.

Good morning everyone. I hope that everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend. I plan on resting.
hmm.png
I plan on doing that too! Took dogs in to have their nails trimmed this morning, (yes, I'm a wimp - they have black nails & I can't trim them without nicking them & bleeding & then they cry & I cry, so I pay the vet tech to do it for me - it's peace of mind & worth the $$) --- and then the Walmart run & a friend gave us some sweet corn so I just finished blanching that & it's cooling so I can vac-seal it for the freezer for my folks & us.

Made my reservations yesterday for the Cocker Spaniel Nationals in St Louis to meet up w/my friends.

Julie any sign of pea peeps yet? My cousin in Hattiesburg called me last night to tell me he gave his RIRs cupcakes for their "birthday" (they were 4 months old yesterday) lol!!! He is so sweet & loves his birds so much.

Time for a nap here!

Back
Top Bottom