"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

love.gif
This is Oreo, my little EE.

Yes. She is almost 2 weeks old and I just noticed it yesterday. I had my suspicions for a few days but now it is obvious in person. It's not bad. I was told she will die. That is so amazing that Georgette is 5! We have hope then. She is the sweetest little thing and I carry her around a lot. She is the only chick in that brooder that will come to me right now. I have some sweet little white leghorns that are also warming up to me but my 3 week old Ameraucana's still freak every time I make an appearance or hold them. We have a blue Ameraucana cockerel that screams the entire time I hold him. Lol. My husband calls them crazy chicks. :lol:

Yes. She is almost 2 weeks old and I just noticed it yesterday. I had my suspicions for a few days but now it is obvious in person. It's not bad. I was told she will die. That is so amazing that Georgette is 5! We have hope then. She is the sweetest little thing and I carry her around a lot. She is the only chick in that brooder that will come to me right now. I have some sweet little white leghorns that are also warming up to me but my 3 week old Ameraucana's still freak every time I make an appearance or hold them. We have a blue Ameraucana cockerel that screams the entire time I hold him. Lol. My husband calls them crazy chicks.
lol.png
Do a search in the "Diseases & Injuries" forum for "crossbeak" -- there are several threads describing how to trim the beak if it is bad & what to do. I never did anything for Georgette - hers isn't terribly bad. I only had one Ameracauna who was a friendly bird - the rest are all sort of standoffish. Georgette has a full sister - Gracie -- who is perfectly normal. They are both black Ameracaunas. LOL every time I try to hatch blue chickens, I end up with all black ones! One of these days I'm going to try & hatch all black roosters & maybe then I'll get a blue hen!
lol.png

can anyone tell me how long my eggs will stay good for in the icebox? my wife wants to sell some at the next farmers market but i figure it might take a couple of weeks to collect enough and I dont if the first ones i pick will still be fresh.

can anyone tell me how long my eggs will stay good for in the icebox? my wife wants to sell some at the next farmers market but i figure it might take a couple of weeks to collect enough and I dont if the first ones i pick will still be fresh.

They will stay good for months in the fridge. If you doubt any place one in a glass full of water. If it sinks to the bottom it's good. If it floats on top it's a bad egg!! As they get older the will start rising from the bottom a bit.

Quote:
I hope Oreo is lucky enough to have a long and happy life like Georgette and the many others I saw on the Crossbeak thread! Isn't that how it works? We have several blue cockerels and I'm really hoping there are one or two blue hens in the bunch. Looks like a lot of boys right now.

Back
Top Bottom