"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

for the central Louisiana Poultry Club. this list will be available to paid members only. if you want to add your info to this list please give the following info
smile.png
this is an example of what it will look like and the info needed. you can pm me the info and i will make this table up and send you a copy to make sure all the info is correct. thank you to anyone willing to help.

Name

Contact info

Chickens

Turkeys

Pheasants

Quail

Geese

Ducks

Guinea

John doe

Phone:
Email:

City and/or state

Black Australorp

Wild Eastern

Red Golden

Pharaoh

Muscovy

Rhode Island Red

Royal Palm

Yellow Golden

Button

Flying Mallards

Dominique

Blue Slate

Ring neck

Pekin

Light Brahma

Lady Amherst

Silver Laced Wyandotte

Buff Laced Polish

Silkie

Golden Sebrights

Peafowl

Mille Fleur

type

Black Japanese

type

Lavender Cochin Bantams

Standard Cochins

Frizzles

Last edited:
We cut the grass on last week and the grass was at least 2 feet tall.
hide.gif
Shame on me. Well, we racked up all of the dead grass and I used the dry grass for bedding in the nesting boxes. I love it! I think that's what I'm going to do from here on out. The dry grass is better than the bale of hay that I have been using. And it saves me a little $$$$. The girls seem to love it. I found 12 eggs in one milk crate. Not sure how long the waiting in line was to use that milk crate but they got it done.
hmm.png

Some of the girls are molting and they look a mess.
lau.gif
Poor babies.
Terri, if you know anyone who has a peacock for sale, let me know and I will let that lady know. She has 2 females and needs a male. I told her that I ain't sellin' nothin'!
tongue.png

She was lusting over Prince and how pretty he was. I told her to hold that thought cause that boy ain't going NOWHERE!
gig.gif
Oh yes I been doing this for years. I know what kind of hay it is and where it came from too. And the hens just love it, they eat about as much as they use for nesting. During the green grass time of the year (like now) I always rake up pile of fresh cut grass and give them and they devour it too. What they don't eat right away dries into hay and makes for great litter. I have one of those picker-upper "doo-dads" you can pull behind the mower and gather the grass clippings easier than raking it up but I got to get "a-roun-tuit" and put some new chain on the drive wheels and get to using that "whicker-bill" more often. LOL

Jeff

Oh yeah?? Whatcha breeding? Sounds interesting!

to jovy1097,.. hope you're feeling better!

I have four different LF breeds that I will be breeding for next year….

Rhode Island Reds (These are from the Mohawk line)

Barred Rocks (These are from the Good Sheppard line)

Buff Orpingtons (These are from Doug Akers’ line)

German New Hampshire’s (These are also originally from the Doug Akers’ line)

Thanks,
Chris

We cut the grass on last week and the grass was at least 2 feet tall. :oops: Shame on me. Well, we racked up all of the dead grass and I used the dry grass for bedding in the nesting boxes. I love it! I think that's what I'm going to do from here on out. The dry grass is better than the bale of hay that I have been using. And it saves me a little $$$$. The girls seem to love it. I found 12 eggs in one milk crate. Not sure how long the waiting in line was to use that milk crate but they got it done. :/

Some of the girls are molting and they look a mess. :lau Poor babies.
Terri, if you know anyone who has a peacock for sale, let me know and I will let that lady know. She has 2 females and needs a male. I told her that I ain't sellin' nothin'! :p

She was lusting over Prince and how pretty he was. I told her to hold that thought cause that boy ain't going NOWHERE! :gig

Oh yes I been doing this for years. I know what kind of hay it is and where it came from too. And the hens just love it, they eat about as much as they use for nesting. During the green grass time of the year  (like now) I always rake up pile of fresh cut grass and give them and they devour it too. What they don't eat right away dries into hay and makes for great litter. I have one of those picker-upper "doo-dads" you can pull behind the mower and gather the grass clippings easier than raking it up but I got to get "a-roun-tuit" and put some new chain on the drive wheels and get to using that "whicker-bill" more often. LOL

Jeff

After racking up the dead grass, I am not actively searching for a grass catcher for our zero turn. I know it will cost a pretty penny but it will be worth the money. :/

After racking up the dead grass, I am not actively searching for a grass catcher for our zero turn. I know it will cost a pretty penny but it will be worth the money.
hmm.png
You mean NOW ^
wink.png
I know you meant to hit the "W" button here instead of the "T"
smile.png
Oh yes it will be nice I used to have one on a walk behind self-propelled unit it did good too. i didn't mind getting drug around the yard by the thing as the raking was harder than the walking. I killed two birds with one bullet that way more time to sit and have a beer or ten while the chickens ate the grass. LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
hey everyone... i know im kind of off topic here, but with all you animal people, i thought this might be worth a try. Does anyone on here mess with any cattle? i am looking for a few beef heifer calves to add to the homestead (full sized, or mini's... im flexible). I am mostly interested in bottle calves since they will be here on the property, i would like them to be tame. i just went though a full grown crazy-cow buying fiasco and decided that this may be a better direction to go with. Any help would be appreciated, thanks all!

After racking up the dead grass, I am not actively searching for a grass catcher for our zero turn. I know it will cost a pretty penny but it will be worth the money.
hmm.png

I'd post a craigslist add. Lawn equipment sells cheap towards the end of the summer!

And about my sheep... I currently have 4 ewes, 1 ram, and a whether (all katahdins). I don't remember the yield in pounds from our first slaughter, but I know it filled up 3 walmart bags full of meat. I'm hoping to use some of my Sebbie money next spring to buy on of the rams from Country Oak Ranch. It's quite an investment, but I think a worthy one! Our weather was born in early May. He will go to slaughter once it cools off. He turned out to be a nice looking little fella. Too bad we can't keep them all!

Morning ya'll. Wet outside. The mosquitoes were out in record numbers on last night. I have been fogging the last few days but it was terrible last night. I was out spraying Avon Skin SO Soft in the coops and chicken houses and on top of the chicken houses because the turkeys roost on top. The skeeters ran me back in the house. This is unreal. When do the skeeters LEAVE? I"m ready for them to GO!!!!! :smack

Morning ya'll. Wet outside. The mosquitoes were out in record numbers on last night. I have been fogging the last few days but it was terrible last night. I was out spraying Avon Skin SO Soft in the coops and chicken houses and on top of the chicken houses because the turkeys roost on top. The skeeters ran me back in the house. This is unreal. When do the skeeters LEAVE? I"m ready for them to GO!!!!!
smack.gif
They are pretty terrible over here as well. We buy a spray for horses at TSC and use it on the dogs to keep the deer flies away. It works so well that my husband has started using it when he does yard work lol. Smells like citronella, but he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread!

Mosquitoes are terrible here, too -- we've been fogging twice a day. I sure don't need West Nile or fowl pox either one.

We use a grass catcher too, plus rake up freshly cut grass for the poultry & peas - they all love it! Never thought of putting it in the nest boxes - will have to try that!

I know there were a couple ads for peacocks in the last Bulletin Julie - might tell that lady to check there. No white ones though - blackshoulder & india blues if I remember right. Craigslist has them occasionally too. Petrus Feed & Seed here might still have some peachicks or know of somebody who does.

hdowden, your list looks great! now who or where do we send dues & how much to join the Cenla club?

Back
Top Bottom