Louisiana show

bstarr20

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Louisiana
Anyone going to the Livingston Parish Fair? My daughter will be showing for the first time and just wanted a little input on what happens.

Livingston, Denham Springs, Albany, French Settlement.......
I plan on going to the fair Friday, this will be our first time. I'm excited!
But, I know absolutely nothing about showing at the fair, sorry.

I live about 20 minutes from there!! Haven't been to the fair in years!! Didn't even know it was coming up, they really must not advertise like they used too...

Good luck to you DD....

Missi

bstarr20 what kind did she enter? I went to the fair today to see the chickens....twice
love.gif
. DH happily went with me both times. I was surprised at just how many entries they had (just about every kind I've ever wanted to see).
clap.gif
Wish we didn't have so many hawks around my house because I was lovin all those little banties
droolin.gif
DH was even saying he was tempted to build a bantie coop because he was able to actually touch a bunch of little cochin and ameracauna banties. I met the man with the gold laced seabright (which I have always wanted) and he has 25 eggs in the bator right now. Pure torture
barnie.gif
Anyway here I am at home again looking for MORE fairs in October so I can go to their poultry exhibit. Hope you enjoyed it too!

Nature Nut -
When you walk in she had the first 6 cages second row from left. She had a Dark Brahma, Blue Cochin, White Cochin, Partridge Cochin, Golden Lace Cochin, Americauna, Black Austrolop and the 3 bantie cochins above them. Also the 3 Bantie Cochins on the end when you first walk in she sold Wed. when we went to register. She ended up with 5 Blue ribbons and 5 red. And I think 2 of the 3 she sold placed also.

Tell your daughter congratulations, she did a great job
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
We saw hers and they were all beautiful. I'd really never seen cochins before and loved them all.
love.gif
My very favorites were the blue cochin and the gold laced cochin. We actually stood there petting one of her little bantie cochins!! She would come right up to the bars and let you pet her. What a sweetie
love.gif
That little cutie was the reason my husband said he wished we could have banties when we left. He had to go pet her some more when we went back the second time. DH loved her dark brahma and said if he were going to get any more chickens it would be a dark brahma or a wyandotte.

Do you do any breeding or do you have all hens like we do?

We have all hens. The Standards came from Ideal Poultry last year and the banties were from eggs she bought off ebay. We are keeping 2 of the bantie roos though. Glad you liked them. Gracie (the blue cochin) is her favorite and Spike ( the golden lace) is the broody that hatched the babies. She is the friendliest of the lot.

Back
Top Bottom