louisiana sticks

twentynine here.

Ascension Parish, South Galvez, America exactly.

8 birds, 4 weeks old, mixed deal sicilians, EE, WR, BR,.

Had ten now down to eight. And I am so depressed!

Hi everyone,
Right now I have 17 Red Star, 10 California Whites, 4 Buff Orpingtons,
5 Silver Laced Wyandottes, and 7 stinking feather legged bantams running around. I don't care for the bantams myself but my mom who lives next door came by and asked if she paid for them would I raise them for her..CAN'T tell mom no.
Supposed to be going and picking up 22 RIR that an uncle doesn't want anymore and I am wanting to add some pure breeds to my flock. Planning on building 2 more yards and houses and get some Jersey Giants (black) pullets and roo and have not decided on what other breed yet but looking at the Columbian Wyandottes.
Am going to sell or trade some more of what I have before getting anymore though.

twentynine, do you have Sicilian Buttercups? OMG!! I covet them...Seriously, I do. Not enough to sell my soul or anything, but definitely enough to offer you money.

Harry sounds like you have a plan over there! I quickly amassed a small army of chickens. A few here, a few there, next thing you know, we need a new pen, and now we need at least 2 more, go figure!

So any ideas on when the next get together is going to be? I so want to go to the next one. Hopefully my husband will be home also. He works 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. So he is only home half the time.

will make note of ones that want sky blue auracana eggs, and going to sell maybe 4 roos, they carry the true genes even tho the individual may not have long tufts or willow green feet, some of the offspring will

Quote:
Do I understand right that the sky blue araucana roos, over a blue-laying EE hen, should produce a pullet which would lay a darker blue egg (unless the hen has brown genes causing an olive egg or green)?

Just post it when ya'll want to get together and will see if we can make. July is gonna be busy but maybe we can make time to do it.
Think I have found me some Jersey Giant chicks. A person over where my wife is from in Mississippi has JG's and a few more breeds for sale. Most of them are pure breds so may be able to find me another pure breed to get and see what I can do with them.
Which people around here pay a darn crazy price for x breeds also from what I have seen.
Might add on and start me a mini hatchery.
My problem is though when someone comes to buy chickens from me I find that I don't really want to seel them. (And then I end up giving them 1 or 2 extra besides what they paid for)

I'm Monique Gerald from Greenwell Springs, La. I'm new and trying to make my way through the website. I have been having fun reading about everyone, and thier chickens!!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom