louisiana sticks

tiffanyh.. my daughter lives in that area and even has chickens. Right now they are having to take a back seat tho. She has a 3 month old and a sick 2 yearold plus her other children so it's all she can do to feed, water and gather eggs.
sad.png

Quote:
OMG, my DH's family moved to Oak Grove when he was 13 from Carlsbad, NM. Small world
smile.png

My MIL has family around that area. I think we're about 30 miles or so from Oak Grove.

Miriam

My husband was raised in Lake Providence just to the east. A few miles from Mississippi. His mom lived in Oak Grove for ten or more years. Then went to live in West Monroe before she died. We lived in Lake Providence and Tallulah in the mid 70's. We are in south west LA. I live northwest of Sulphur.

Quote:
Robbdebbi! Howdy! From DiVon80. I have around 6 blu and blk silkies some bearded and some not. They are about 2 mths old. Don't really know the sexes yet, have idears. I bought hatchery babies...Need to start somewhere. I am growing these out to see what i have. I am sure I may have at least a pair to possibly sell. I am looking for a show potential D'Uccle cockeral (Mille Fleur), growing out 5 pullets, blu and blk mille fleur. My plans were to get some beginning stock and gro out see what I have and improve on it by buying Quality roos. In the past I have had babies from Quote breeder/show people and hatcheries. So growing these out seeing there conformation and gender going from there. I also have extra roos in Blk frizzel cochins. I am in the middle of making cages so I can begin to seperate them and see them as individuals. I have had good luck w Ideals babies. I had a cochin roo live to 11, even went threw Katrina, he got got by a prey bird. He was a beautiful blk boy. Some people knock the hatchery birds but lots of hatcheries get there babies from breeders. Show breeders have lots of babies and culls... soo!! Also may order a few more babies in the fall we could possibly combine an order....
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom