Lovable Ducks Contest.

ducklover700

Songster
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
Utah
Hey all, I've been following a few threads with Duckling contests, and since it's always fun to see everybody's pictures I want to start one up too. There won't be a prize, just bragging rights. We'll have three categories: Ducklings, Drakes, and hens. I'll pick my favorite three out of each category on June 13th (that's a Wednesday I believe)

I'd like you to tell what your ducks name is, age, and breed. Thanks, and good luck!

Last edited:
Here are my Northern Pintails I've managed to hatch! (I have permits for them, don't worry
wink.png
)

ETA: These were so fun to hatch. I haven't named them yet. They are just over a week old now. I also have black east indies getting ready to hatch next!

Last edited:
Very cute! I'm on day four of my Ancona Eggs; but I'm also pretty new as far as ducks go, so I haven't heard of your ducklings yet. How big do they grow up to be?

They are a wild species and require permits. The largest they'll grow is 2 pounds. So small, about the size of a mallard. I wanted to try to hatch something different and a little more difficult to incubate/hatch
smile.png
. I've hatched many, many domestic waterfowl over the years. Since I was 10 years old lol. I've hatched ducks the most. Never had Anconas before though...

So happy to share our fist ducks!
Here are our three Runner girls. They are 3 weeks old today, Shadow, Spark (sparkle-iris) and Eddie (eaty-duck-food).

At 1 week:

And outside yesterday enjoying the sun and my kiddo's mud pies:

Oh no an airplane!

Last one is a video because I can't resist sharing:

They are listening to me chop a snack for them while their brooder was being cleaned

So happy to share our fist ducks!
Here are our three Runner girls. They are 3 weeks old today, Shadow, Spark (sparkle-iris) and Eddie (eaty-duck-food).

At 1 week:

And outside yesterday enjoying the sun and my kiddo's mud pies:

Oh no an airplane!

Last one is a video because I can't resist sharing:

They are listening to me chop a snack for them while their brooder was being cleaned
very sweet! I had a chocolate runner for a while but he ended up being a drake so... :(

They are a wild species and require permits. The largest they'll grow is 2 pounds. So small, about the size of a mallard. I wanted to try to hatch something different and a little more difficult to incubate/hatch
smile.png
. I've hatched many, many domestic waterfowl over the years. Since I was 10 years old lol. I've hatched ducks the most. Never had Anconas before though...
This is just my first time incubating eggs. I've got what looks like nine good ones so far. I have eleven in there but two haven't gotten any veins yet. :(

This is just my first time incubating eggs. I've got what looks like nine good ones so far. I have eleven in there but two haven't gotten any veins yet. :(

Give it a little more time. Something may pop up in them. But there's always some occasional eggs that are infertile. 9 eggs out of 11 so far is very good!

Give it a little more time. Something may pop up in them. But there's always some occasional eggs that are infertile. 9 eggs out of 11 so far is very good!
yeah, I'm planning on candling them again on Thursday so maybe something with show up then.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom