Love and questions from New York.

Sallysec

Songster
7 Years
Aug 31, 2012
New York
Oh my, I joined up after spending two months stalking this website and reading so much from everyone on here. I am totally new to chickens. I am going to be getting my flock delivered in just over a month. I was convinced by my father to get chickens for their healthy eggs and to show my children a better relationship with our food sources. I have a four year old son and a three month old daughter. Since my son was born I have returned to the garden with the help of my husband. I have a small vegetable garden that I try to produce fresh organic foods for the family in. Chickens are just the natural next step. My husband and I are trying this out using an old shed we will be converting for the chicken coop. We have eight babies due oct 9th from my pet chicken. I have read stores book on poultry and keeping chickens by Ashley English to get familiar. My father says he will help us along the way, I'm just sure many things have changed since he had chickens in the Caribbean some forty plus years ago. We have two dogs, a cat, and fish. My biggest obstacles are going to be finding chicken supplies and acclimating them to this zoo we call home. I am looking forward to meeting local chicken keepers and those of you from afar too...I can't wait to peck (lol) your brains for ideas and information .

Here goes everything :)

-S

Oh my, I joined up after spending two months stalking this website and reading so much from everyone on here. I am totally new to chickens. I am going to be getting my flock delivered in just over a month. I was convinced by my father to get chickens for their healthy eggs and to show my children a better relationship with our food sources. I have a four year old son and a three month old daughter. Since my son was born I have returned to the garden with the help of my husband. I have a small vegetable garden that I try to produce fresh organic foods for the family in. Chickens are just the natural next step. My husband and I are trying this out using an old shed we will be converting for the chicken coop. We have eight babies due oct 9th from my pet chicken. I have read stores book on poultry and keeping chickens by Ashley English to get familiar. My father says he will help us along the way, I'm just sure many things have changed since he had chickens in the Caribbean some forty plus years ago. We have two dogs, a cat, and fish. My biggest obstacles are going to be finding chicken supplies and acclimating them to this zoo we call home. I am looking forward to meeting local chicken keepers and those of you from afar too...I can't wait to peck (lol) your brains for ideas and information .
Here goes everything
smile.png

-S
Congratulations! You're going to love chicken keeping. It brings a family together.
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Kansas, Sallysec, and
welcome-byc.gif
! It's great to have you join our community! Love that you are involving your kids - I think that is so important. I wish you the best of luck!!

hi, and welcome from California. i just joined a few days ago even though I've had chickens for quite a few years now. it's a really great site that I'm sure you will enjoy ( i sure do !!! ) there are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge in here so feel free to peck away
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you all :) I've spent a few countless nights combing over the great stories and info here....all to get ready for the big day

Back
Top Bottom