Love incubating and hatching my own eggs....**updated with PIC**

Three Cedars Silkies

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Gainesville, Fl.
I was so discouraged with my worsening hatch rate from shipped eggs. My tiny mottled bantam cochin hen FINALLY got over her brood and started laying again. She seemed to always be able to out-maneuver the mottle roo, but I finally saw him breed her about 6 weeks ago, so I started collecting her eggs. So far ALL her eggs have been fertile and are growing babies. I have one 10 day old baby from them, 6 eggs on day 20 and 4 more on day 4 that all have veins!!!

Wow...you folks are right about hatching your own eggs. This is very exciting!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now your going to give me the bug. I know my eggs are fertile and I want so much to put them in the bator. But I think it's getting a little cold to do it here and I would need to have DH move a lot of wood out of the shed to put them in. What to do, what to do. I need to stop reading BTC for a while.
lau.gif

Good luck with your hatch.

I can understand your discouragement from shipped eggs. I am going to keep trying but its frustrating to me as well! At least its a learning experience.
I have found someone fairly close that has some fertile mixed eggs so going to see if that will make a bit of difference.
Glad your eggs are fertile!
smile.png

I'm going to be doing a LOT of research on shipping eggs because I'm going to have a lot of mottled and black bantam cochin eggs to sell this spring and I KNOW they are fertile. Now I need to figure out the absolute best shipping route. I'm going to try FedEx, UPS and USPS and compare shipping price with results of hatch, etc. I'll post my results as soon as my "research" is completed!

Piccies!!!! I'd love some mottle cochin bantam eggs.
wink.png
I've bought shipped eggs from eggbid and ebay but its been a couple years now.

Quote:
Let me know how that works out for you the not reading BTC for a while!
lau.gif
lau.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

OK OK I was on here this morning. And here I am again.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I CAN'T STOP READING

Back
Top Bottom