Loving my chickens in Kansas!

soldonold

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Burlington, Kansas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Although I haven't been on BYC for a while, I have had chickens since 2011 when I retired. I started out with seven pullets of seven different breeds that I ordered from My Pet Chicken. That was the beginning . . . . Then chicken math took over!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We moved from Colorado Springs to a farm in Kansas in January, and I got carried away with hatching this spring. How many chicks/chickens I have right now is unknown :)

(3) What breeds do you have? I have Wheaten, Silver, and White Ameraucanas, Lavender Cuckoo, Buff and Lemon Cuckoo, and Columbia English Orpingtons, and am starting with Mottled English Orpingtons.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I had lots of questions when I started hatching chicks -- I was in panic mode for the first few hatches -- and found BYC on Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? My husband and I are enjoying retirement on our farm. There is always something that needs to be done. Plus I enjoy church activities and quilting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have Gracie, an Australian Shepherd girl and Buster, the cat. I inherited my love of chickens and quilting from my Grandma -- she has been the model I have tried to live up to!

Hi there @soldonold :frow

Great to read your intro even though you have been here for a few years :clap It always nice to get to know more about our members. You have some lovely breeds there, very nice. Love that you dont know how many, always best not to add up incase you scare yourself ;)

Back
Top Bottom