Low humidity during lockdown

Cmtbug

In the Brooder
May 17, 2024
Hey everyone! This is my first time hatching chicken eggs and something I’ve been struggling with is the humidity. You csnt control it on the incubator but can only display it. Throughout the first 1-18 days it was between 35-50% but not that it’s lockdown and day 20 I am struggling to get the humidity to above 50. I have not yet been able to. I am still adding water to the water inlet and have even tried putting a little dish of hot water with a sponge in it and that helped get the humidity up for a little bit but did not keep it up and I’m worried about having to keep opening the incubator to fill the dish during lockdown. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I also currently have 7 eggs in the incubator, have not heard any chirps but there is one egg that has a pip in it already.

Are you trusting the humidity reading on the incubator or did you purchase a separate humidity gauge?

Incubator readings are usually wrong. 50 is plenty good enough for hatching.

Are you trusting the humidity reading on the incubator or did you purchase a separate humidity gauge?

Incubator readings are usually wrong. 50 is plenty good enough for hatching.
I am picking up a humidity gauge today, but we have been going off of what the incubator says. Hopefully it is actually higher then what the incubator is reading!

Thank you!

Hey everyone! This is my first time hatching chicken eggs and something I’ve been struggling with is the humidity. You csnt control it on the incubator but can only display it. Throughout the first 1-18 days it was between 35-50% but not that it’s lockdown and day 20 I am struggling to get the humidity to above 50. I have not yet been able to. I am still adding water to the water inlet and have even tried putting a little dish of hot water with a sponge in it and that helped get the humidity up for a little bit but did not keep it up and I’m worried about having to keep opening the incubator to fill the dish during lockdown. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I also currently have 7 eggs in the incubator, have not heard any chirps but there is one egg that has a pip in it already.

Update!! One chick has hatched!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom