Low repetitive chicken sound?

Tori1133

Songster
Jan 25, 2021
Griffith, Ontario
Hey! So one of my hens has been making a weird new sound today and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this cause I’m not sure if she is sick or in pain or something.
It is like a low, soft murmur sound and has a repetitive tempo, like on every exhale or something. I was thinking is it her breathing? But it does sound much more like an actual vocalization than breathing… also it has been going on all day which seemed weird to me. They talk a lot and make sounds but I’ve never heard one make the same sound over and over like this.
If anyone knows if this is normal behaviour or not let me know :)
She is only 6 months old so maybe it’s just something she matured into?

Also she is otherwise totally normal just out foraging with her friends and seems healthy. She did have a bit of a weepy eye a few days ago but it cleared up within a few hours and she seems totally fine now so I didn’t feel very concerned…. Maybe I should be?

also not sure if it makes a difference but her breed is liege fighter.

thanks

Any chance it's broody hen noises?
Maybe?! She has never laid an egg though and I’ve heard her breed doesn’t go broody so I don’t know? She also is just making it all day while out and about doing normal stuff, foraging etc. But I don’t know exactly what broody hen noises are since none of my hens have started laying yet haha!

Back
Top Bottom