Lowe's coop- shed improvements

Thanks, ya'll! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Lauralou on here had the idea about the shed dogtrot. It worked out really, really well.

Lilchick- I turned the wall panel on the shed side upside down to make pop doors. Those don't have covers. The opposite side is covered with hardware cloth on the inside and chicken wire on the outside since that side is open to predators. I need to do the same thing to the inside doors eventually. A couple of weeks ago I screwed really heavy clear vinyl to all the windows. It was cheaper than plexiglass and easier to attach. I've found that plexi tends to shatter when you drill through it. So far the vinyl is working fairly well. I'm in TN so it never gets all that cold here. I tend to leave all the doors open during the day, but the chickens have gotten really good at using the pop doors.

Congrats on getting the playhouses at $89! That's a fabulous price. I might have gone crazy and gotten 4 of them so I could really expand!

Aw, CityGirl, you're too nice to give me credit for that idea! It was more of a collaborative effort, folks. A "two heads are better than one" sort of thing.

The really crazy part is, she does it all by herself, without even an extra pair of hands. Really great job. I love it!

Back
Top Bottom