Lows in the 30's & 40's, can I put 11 week old chicks outside?

Apr 30, 2021
Rocky Mountains
The weather has been weird this year, and we are experiencing fluctuating temperatures. I bought some started pullets and they are 11 weeks old. The hatchery said that they need to be in 60+ temps until they are 12 weeks old. Normally that wouldn't be a problem this time of year, but the weather is weird. I'm desperate to get them outside- but the low will be 39 tonight. Will they be okay? They are fully feathered.

The weather has been weird this year, and we are experiencing fluctuating temperatures. I bought some started pullets and they are 11 weeks old. The hatchery said that they need to be in 60+ temps until they are 12 weeks old. Normally that wouldn't be a problem this time of year, but the weather is weird. I'm desperate to get them outside- but the low will be 39 tonight. Will they be okay? They are fully feathered.
My broody who hatched in february stopped keeping her babies warm at night at 6 weeks. They're fine to go out now.

I have my 1 month old chicks out just this weekend when it was warm and this week it'll be getting to the 40s at night but 60s/70s during the day. Their chick coop is a small box with about 4 inches of wood shavings, they cuddle together, and I close the door at night.T hey have the majority of their feathers already and yours are much older so they should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom