Lucasville Flea Market 2014

:) :) :) :) I am som excited I love going to anything that has animals to look at buy pet just love going to stuff like this. And flea market stuff too I see so many different things at this event I would not miss it. Love it it's like my first vacation I go to every year love it my little boy pygmy goat he can't wait to get him some new friends. I am hoping someone has some baby pygmy goats or a nice nannie goat up there this year. And looking for some Polish and frizzled,frizzled serama bantams. And some gosling. I am taking my wagon but we decide to make some racks on it so I can put a goat on the inside if I find one and on the top I can put my chicken crates. It's so much easier going and taking a wagon to pack what you buy. It's a long way back to the truck to where ever you have parked depends on how far away you are. This away I can get almost everything I am going after in one trip. :)
wee.gif

They are not having this one there no more it moved to Ross County Fair Grounds in Chillicothe Ohio ??

Lucasville is also going to have one this month also but the dates for it is going to be on the April 19th-20th. Next weekend April 12-13 of next weekend is going to be at the Ross County Fair Grounds in Chillicothe Ohio.

The Lucasville Flea Market (Swap,Trade Days,Lucasville etc.) has been hosted by The Southern Ohio Poultry Assoc. for over 50 years. They decided to move to the Ross County Fairgrounds in Chillicothe Ohio after being unable to reach an agreement with the Scioto County Fair-board. The new location is much larger and has paved roads with water & electric at each lot. I believe most of the old vendors have moved with them, I heard they've sold out of lots and had to make some new spaces because it was so full.

D.gif
The 2014 dates are April 11-13 June 6-8 Oct 10-12
D.gif

So what has always been "Lucasville" has changed locations, not sure who is running the new one in Lucasville on the 19th-20th.

Here is S.O.P.A.'s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Ohio-Poultry-Assoc/627045407345055

And website: http://www.sohiopa.com/

I heard whoever runs the Troy swaps is running the one on the 19-20. Smart move on their part, I think. I'll be going to both locations. Chillicothe is only an hour away from me; I'm up there a lot anyways. I was really bummed when I first heard the news of the move, because I live only about 10 minutes up the road from the Lucasville fairgrounds. The swap kept our little ol' town on the map lol.
As for OP, I've seen plenty of geese at the swaps, but can honestly say I've never seen a Sebastapol there. Could have easily overlooked them, though. They could very well be there the next time, though!
Oh, and a word of warning to just be cautious of what you pick up at the swaps. I've been lucky so far, but know plenty of folks who unknowingly picked up birds that were sick, diseased, from bad strains, parasite-covered, etc etc.

Thanks on the information on the sick animals I have learned from past experiences not at this swap but lessons learned . I quarantine what I bring back for a few days and keep them under close watch. I keep med's here on my property for sickness. I have on hand terramycin,la 200 antibiotic,ivermectin, Pro-Pen-G Penicillin. I try to keep this stuff on hand as you never know when sickness is going to reach your property at any giving moment. I do have things I look for in a animal before I buy it. I also have been lucky nothing I have brought back yet has been sick in any way. I have plenty of empty lots right now so I will have plenty of places to quarantine everything I bring back. Just got a new chicken coop built top floor is finished and it going to be great for when I get back from Ohio to have all those individual chickens coops. I am wanting to pick up a few different pairs this time if I can find them up there. I got my wagon I am taking with me finished got the racks built all the way around and it just sits on it and raises off real easy for hauling. I hope to find a Sebastopol there some gosling is what I am looking for but I have read up on other geese breeds and found a few other breeds that sound like they would be pretty good breeds too if hand raised they should grow up with pretty good temperament. I did make a run to tractor supply this past weekend to pick up some other things I was out of wormer for goats and Bronco fly spray. I also be picking me up a few more pygmy goats so I picked up extra wormer than normal because I only had one bag of it and it was about gone for my other goat I got. So I figured I would just do him and what ever els I bring back home this Saturday-Sunday. I like to have things in reach for my animals if I need it I got I love tractor supply and Jeffers :) well happy shopping at the swap everyone I hope you get everything you set out to bring back :) have fun and enjoy it. And this little smiley face running every place this will be me Saturday :)
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom