1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lucasville, Ohio Spring show/swap dates???

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by riftnreef, Jan 20, 2012.

1. riftnreef

riftnreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Mechanicsburg, Ohio
    Anyone have the dates for the spring show/swap in Lucasville this year yet? We had to sell the flock due to a move, and my daughter will have to have birds in hand by a certain date for 4-H, so I need to make sure of the dates, or start having adult birds shipped!....thanks!

2. sillychickens13

sillychickens13 New Egg

Jan 21, 2012
    Hi I could only find the summer show

Southern Ohio Poultry Association Summer Swap Days
    June 4-5 Scioto County Fairgrounds, Lucasville, Ohio Southern Ohio Poultry Association, 312 O'Connor Rd., Lucasville, OH 45648​
    Here's the website. if you want to search it a little better than I did. Hope your daughter does well in 4-H I love 4-H:)

3. 4HDad

4HDad Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2011
    West Central, Ohio
    riftnreef,

I am just on the other side of Urbana from you. I've only found to shows that are fairly close to us that happen before our deadline.

Wapak: March 3 & 4
    Greenville: last weekend of April

Also, don't forget the Troy Swap Meet. Last year they had a lot of nice poultry. This year it is April 28 & 29. (Same weekend as the Greenville show)

Roger

4. Momma2three

Momma2three Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Southern Ohio Poultry Association Spring Swap Day
    April 14-15 Scioto Couty Fairgrounds, Lucasville, Ohio Write to Southern Ohio Poultry Association, 312 O'Connor Road, Lucasville, OH 45648​
    Hope this helps!!

5. Momma2three

Momma2three Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Also, does anyone know how to rent a space to sell at swap days? Thanks!

6. DawnaW

DawnaW Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2014
    Greenfield, OH
    Went to the Lucasville swap and witnessed teenagers cockfighting. Will NEVER go again. It was my first time and I was astonished that behavior like that was so socially accepted that they felt that they could do that in public. Sadly my children saw as well.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by