Ludlow Mass

Quote:
You didnt get out much, did you rob?.....
lau.gif

I came across this site searching for the laws about chickens in Ludlow.
I moved into a house on a 9 1/2 acres in Aug.
My 12 year old is in 4-H has sheep and when we moved we built a barn and approved for zoning ag/resident.
We also brought our 12 layers and their coop but didnt build our pasture as of yet and now he has 4 light Barhmas that he will be showing in Jan.
Pasture built, now AND chickens have a hugh run and the show birds are in barn.
Nice call from DPH COMPLAINT FROM IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT A NEIGHBOR.
There is a small parcel of land between mine and his maybe 25 ft.
I spoke with the lovely person that was hunting me down through family members in town instead of sending a letter.
I explained 4 out of 12 chickens made it into his yard due to kids playing outside in summer and I came right down got them and keep them in the coop and small run that I had attached until we completed everything.
3 months later I have to go to a meeting about the complaint and show pics of all that we did 4ft livestock panels with the 3 ft high chicken wire to make sure my girls dont get out.
The DPH also said we are not allowed roosters in Ludlow- cant find any info on that said something about noise ordinances.
I cant find nothing on the town website about and I thought Ludlow had the right to farm.
Im really having a hard time with this one especially knowing this guy is not going to go away.

I came across this site searching for the laws about chickens in Ludlow.
I moved into a house on a 9 1/2 acres in Aug.
My 12 year old is in 4-H has sheep and when we moved we built a barn and approved for zoning ag/resident.
We also brought our 12 layers and their coop but didnt build our pasture as of yet and now he has 4 light Barhmas that he will be showing in Jan.
Pasture built, now AND chickens have a hugh run and the show birds are in barn.
Nice call from DPH COMPLAINT FROM IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT A NEIGHBOR.
There is a small parcel of land between mine and his maybe 25 ft.
I spoke with the lovely person that was hunting me down through family members in town instead of sending a letter.
I explained 4 out of 12 chickens made it into his yard due to kids playing outside in summer and I came right down got them and keep them in the coop and small run that I had attached until we completed everything.
3 months later I have to go to a meeting about the complaint and show pics of all that we did 4ft livestock panels with the 3 ft high chicken wire to make sure my girls dont get out.
The DPH also said we are not allowed roosters in Ludlow- cant find any info on that said something about noise ordinances.
I cant find nothing on the town website about and I thought Ludlow had the right to farm.
Im really having a hard time with this one especially knowing this guy is not going to go away.

Make the town show you the bylaw regarding poultry. Dont rely on speculation, neighbors opinions or anyone here on the board for that matter. If you cant have them, then you will have to try and change the laws. If you CAN have them - then your neighbor has little to stand on.
Nobody can deny facts, its the towns responsibility to provide that information one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom