Lurking a while and finally joining

MI_Chkns

Chirping
Dec 5, 2022
S.E. Michigan
Hey All, been learning here for a while and finally decided to join. I'll soon be heading in to my second year of chicken stewardship and a lot of you have helped me along the way.
Following the "Sample template" for introductions....
I started with 4 hens bought as chicks in March, but ended up losing two in August shortly after they started laying. A golden laced Wyandotte was dinner for a neighbors dog (I left a gate open), and a Maran died suddenly.
The neighbor funded the purchase of 7 additional chicks.
I now have the OGs (RIR and ISA Brown), a pair of golden laced Wyandottes, pair of Black Australorps, another ISA, another RIR and a Buff Orpington, all of which will be laying soon if the winter conditions allow. Except for one.
One of the Australorps ended up being a he. He hasn't crowed yet at 16wks but he's obviously not going to lay an egg (named him Jerry)
Aside from having fresh eggs, and more importantly to me, I enjoy caring for them and watching them work., and I'm definitely guilty of spoiling them all.

Hey All, been learning here for a while and finally decided to join. I'll soon be heading in to my second year of chicken stewardship and a lot of you have helped me along the way.
I started with 4 hens bought as chicks in March, but ended up losing two in August shortly after they started laying. A golden laced Wyandotte was dinner for a neighbors dog (I left a gate open), and a Maran died suddenly.
I now have the OGs (RIR and ISA Brown), a pair of golden laced Wyandottes, pair of Black Australorps, another ISA, another RIR and a Buff Orpington, all of which will be laying soon if the winter conditions allow. Except for one.
One of the Australorps ended up being a he. He hasn't crowed yet at 16wks but he's obviously not going to lay an egg (named him Jerry)
Aside from having fresh eggs, and more importantly to me, I enjoy caring for them and watching them work., and I'm definitely guilty of spoiling them all.
Don't worry. Almost everyone her spoils their chickens to ;)
Also are you keeping Jerry?

Hi there glad you joined. I'm so glad to hear your " neighborly" thing to do. You have a great breeds in your mixed flock . I enjoy my flock as much as the eggs also.

Back
Top Bottom