Lurking no Longer!!!

WiMoSiFr

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 12, 2010
Germany
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes!! I'm new to chickens. Got 7 - 2 week old chicks in June.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
10, I added 4 pullets in July, but lost one about a week ago.

(3) What breeds do you have?
5 RIR x DB (3 hens and 2 roos), 2 RIR (1 hen and 1 roo), and 3 which I think are Red sex links. I speak a different language from the people I was buying from, so I wasn't able to ask many questions.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Searching the internet for info on chickens. I ran across BYC many times. The lady I bought my first 7 from also referred me to the info pages here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm on my second year of gardening and loving it! Does anyone want some zucchini? ;-P I enjoy learning about many, many different things and am constantly researching something! Love doing things, naturally/green, but with some common sense. I'm learning not to get my panties in a twist when things don't go just the way I think they should.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
AF wife and SAHM to 2 awesome kids, ages 2 and 4. I'm feeling so blessed right now, to be living in a place where I can have a garden and chickens....and a landlord who supports my endeavors. He even brings Kuh mist (composted cow manure) for my garden, and Weizen (wheat) for the chickens!! It will be nice when I can repay him in eggs!

(7) I've been lurking here for a few months now. There is such a wealth of information that has been really useful so far, and so much sharing and humor as well. I can tell you're a great group of people, and I'm proud to join!

~Jass

Well hello there and welcome to BYC

Not often I get to respond first to any post !

eta - darn, beaten again
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom