Lyon TX6

BigYellow

Hatching
May 29, 2020
Hi everyone, I have raised birds of all sorts for a very long time.

I have some old Lyon and Marsh Tx6, (Turn-x) incubators, and have been upgrading them. I installed new 10 turn thermostats that I got on ebay, and have cleaned the motors and oiled them etc...

I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have a manual for these? (I have used them a lot, I just have never found a manual.)

2. I cannot find a replacement fan for these. Someone has to know of a replacement that works, even if it takes some modification.

Thank you!

Last edited:
It sounds like a fun project!

I do not know of a manual for it either.

For the fan, take out the old one and get the manufacturer number off of it to fine a replacement. You can also measure the mount holes to find the correct size and match the rpm and wattage requirements

Have fun!

I found the Broan BP27 at Lowes locally. THIS FAN IS FAR TOO HOT TO USE IN THIS SPACE! That being said, it was a near perfect fit. I was able to swap the top and bottom out of it, which holds the bearings. I used the new bearings on the old motor, and it is now whisper quiet and cooler than ever.

The only issue with this, is the length of the new bolts, needed either trimmed, and find nuts for them. I kept it simple and threaded the old ones in to the new bearings. The threads were minutely different, and forcing them in makes it so that new screws will be required if I ever plan on going back to the old bearings, as the old threads will be slightly stripped. That being said, I have no plans of going back to the old ones, and if I did, I would buy new screws, which could have also been done to avoid all this. Either way, my fan has new life.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_215612.jpg
    IMG_20200601_215612.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200601_215658.jpg
    IMG_20200601_215658.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 7
I found the Broan BP27 at Lowes locally. THIS FAN IS FAR TOO HOT TO USE IN THIS SPACE! That being said, it was a near perfect fit. I was able to swap the top and bottom out of it, which holds the bearings. I used the new bearings on the old motor, and it is now whisper quiet and cooler than ever.

The only issue with this, is the length of the new bolts, needed either trimmed, and find nuts for them. I kept it simple and threaded the old ones in to the new bearings. The threads were minutely different, and forcing them in makes it so that new screws will be required if I ever plan on going back to the old bearings, as the old threads will be slightly stripped. That being said, I have no plans of going back to the old ones, and if I did, I would buy new screws, which could have also been done to avoid all this. Either way, my fan has new life.
Nice Job!

How many eggs does the incubator hold?

Nice Job!

How many eggs does the incubator hold?
48 quail eggs. Or 18 chicken or duck eggs.
With the original 1 turn thermostat, they are finicky with temperature. With the upgraded 10 turn thermostat, it holds temperatures solid as a rock. I have never gotten Less than 75% hatch rate on any eggs. It is forced air, and once humidity is set, there is enough water for more than a week at a time.

48 quail eggs. Or 18 chicken or duck eggs.
With the original 1 turn thermostat, they are finicky with temperature. With the upgraded 10 turn thermostat, it holds temperatures solid as a rock. I have never gotten Less than 75% hatch rate on any eggs. It is forced air, and once humidity is set, there is enough water for more than a week at a time.
It sounds like a nice modification for sure

Hello, this is Jason with Lyon By Pixon. Lyon went out of business for about 6mo but we bought the company and are getting up and running in San Diego. FYI, some parts are available on EBAY under the name Pixoncoinc. We have moved Lyon's entire factory and have the inventory. We are trying to decide what is worth manufacturing in the future but i do have parts, manuals etc. Please find the Turn-X manual attached to this post. You can also email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• 281-161_ASSEMBLINGOPERATING_TX -13.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
Hello, this is Jason with Lyon By Pixon. Lyon went out of business for about 6mo but we bought the company and are getting up and running in San Diego. FYI, some parts are available on EBAY under the name Pixoncoinc. We have moved Lyon's entire factory and have the inventory. We are trying to decide what is worth manufacturing in the future but i do have parts, manuals etc. Please find the Turn-X manual attached to this post. You can also email me at [email protected]
Let us know when you are up and running with producing incubators!

Thanks for posting this if you are still around. I have one of these and haven't used it in 12-13 years. They are a superior incubator and kids can watch the miracle of life as it takes place before their very eyes.

Back
Top Bottom