Lyon TX7. Good or Bad???

sega

Songster
10 Years
Aug 6, 2010
Ludowici, GA.
Just wondering if someone can post their experiences with the Lyon TX7 incubator. Have a chance to purchase one at a very low price.

Do it and do not think any further about it. I own at least 4 Lyon rounds, I have a TX-7 and the rest are TX-6's, not much difference between the two just the turning knob really and I actually prefer the TX-6's stick knob to the round one on the 7. I also own a RX, which has been converted to the more modern one with the water bottle on the side instead of the lid. I think you cannot go wrong with the Lyons, and as long as you learn how to care for them properly (cleaning I mean) they are wonderful. I basically put eggs in and forget about them and check the water bottle once a week really. Always used Distilled water, and when not using the socket on the top for the turner, cover it with tape or you might have issues with it holding humidity. See my website for a whole section on the Lyons.
I will NEVER own anything else.

Last edited:
I would say RUN and do not walk and buy it.

I have owned nothing but Marsh/Lyon Incubators and I am pleased with them. The parts are readily available. I own 3 TX6's, 3 TX7's and 1 RX2. If I were to buy another TX, it would be a TX7. I like the control of the knob more and they come w/ glass thermometers while the TX6 comes with the carded kind that is not as accurate to me.

I would just ask important questions and make sure that the unit is for you. Is the egg tray that it comes with the unit what you are planning to hatch? Ask how old it it, if it has a Mercury/Spirit thermometer it is a plus because a new one is over $30 plus S&H. Make sure the auto turner works, a new one will set you back 2 bills. Also, check out how they maintained it. I would take all of these things into consideration.

Good Luck!

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom