M*A*S*H Unit design (Mobile Avian Sectional Housing)

jewelg

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi, Chicken Peeps!
I came upon some notes in a thread from 2011 with a really interesting mobile, lightweight, and sturdy coop design.
Unfortunately, the member who posted the images no longer has these designs AND she closed her website two years ago, so they are not available on-line.

Did anyone get them from her website and still have them?

Original Thread
and if you go to the next page in the thread, you'll see the M*A*S*H Unit disassembled. It's super cool.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 6.01.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 6.01.10 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 6.00.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 6.00.50 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 6.00.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 6.00.33 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
That design looks rather simple to construct.
And seeing it layed out on the ground partially framed and then getting the "roof" installed.

I'm sure it can be easily drawn up and a working list of needed raw materials as well as lengths to be cut can be figured out in the next month or so if you dabbled with it, here and there.

As cost, well, that's a whole different beast as the wire mesh they used.... I'm not too keen on using at the ground level, as they did. However, if they knew their predator issues then that's likely why they had such wire mesh used as 100% coverage.

Hi, Chicken Peeps!
I came upon some notes in a thread from 2011 with a really interesting mobile, lightweight, and sturdy coop design.
Unfortunately, the member who posted the images no longer has these designs AND she closed her website two years ago, so they are not available on-line.

Did anyone get them from her website and still have them?

Original Thread
and if you go to the next page in the thread, you'll see the M*A*S*H Unit disassembled. It's super cool.

Thanks!
But of COURSE your flock should include Hawkeye, Radar, Hot Lips, Trapper John, B.J. Major Burns, Klinger, Major Winnychester, (NO COLONELS!!) And the sign at the door would HAVE to be "The Swamp"

I got some more info on these- the gentleman that designed and built them passed away. His wife, who wrote to me, said the ones he built are still in great shape, but she’s taken the website down since they are no longer available. Maybe we’ll try a redesign on these when we have a bigger piece of land. For now, we’ve built coop and run version 1, and are already planning to build version 2 this year so.... we can get more chickens! Thanks, all!

I got some more info on these- the gentleman that designed and built them passed away. His wife, who wrote to me, said the ones he built are still in great shape, but she’s taken the website down since they are no longer available. Maybe we’ll try a redesign on these when we have a bigger piece of land. For now, we’ve built coop and run version 1, and are already planning to build version 2 this year so.... we can get more chickens! Thanks, all!
Ask her permission for those of us here in BYC-land so we can "open source" upgrade and keep giving her and her hubby proper street cred for the design and that way we can keep the fun of the name alive too.

Back
Top Bottom