M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Quote:
CT, will you have any chicks of those in the spring? You & I are practically neighbors.
smile.png

I have seen your website, btw. NEAT! Once I am homeschooling my son we will have to schedule a tour.
big_smile.png

Cassandra (2 mi north of Summit)

Hello from Webster Co.
big_smile.png

We live about 30 miles from Starkville (and MSU) out in the country. Nice to see all you MS folk here!
We've decided to do a little homesteading and are just getting started out. We got a flock of chickens a couple weeks ago. 6 RIRs and a plymoth rock. My next project is to get a goat, maybe this spring, and of course a veggie garden. We want to try to raise most of our own food and try to have some fiber animals.

Its Just US Chickens, I am from Starkville and we come hunt in Ackerman!!!! What a small world! Welcome to the board, you will find yourself on here ALL the time for some reason or another!

Hello MS peeps,

I'm new to the forum and live in Summit. I would like to get some chickens in the spring if I can get a coop built in time. I have 3 daughters in school the youngest is 10 and she loves any type of critter/bug ect so this will be fun for everyone. My wife and I are new to chickens and it's great to have some local people to ask questions. The big question I have is, are fire ants a problem with the coop? I would just hate to go in there and find a million ants, my wife freeks out over ants! and I don't think poison would be good to use at all. Any help would be great.

Back
Top Bottom