M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

There are not too many shows around here at all. There's an exotic animal show up here in Belmont Friday morning starting at 10a.m. They will have birds and then LOTS of exotic stuff like zebras, camels, llamas etc.. If anybody needs chicks, I have about 150 ready now. Standard breed, brown egg layers. I'll have 10 dozen araucanas next week and then I have about 300 production reds hatching the week before Easter.

Hi, Y'all! I'm in Raymond, MS a little SW of Jackson. It is great to have some BYC friends nearby! Now I suppose I will be looking for posts of pictures of your birds. There is a member named jmhappycowboy from Canton, MS who I noticed has not posted here yet; just so you know; there's at least ONE more. Isn't this the best chicken site on the Net? Seems like when I'm not with my chickens I'm reading or writing on this forum. It's nice to meet you all.

thanks for the welcome back. marie, yes, greenwood has an active 4h program. My 15 year old daughter showed pigs for a neighbor last year. Lots of pigs, goats, and cattle showing there. Now we're going to join a shooting sports program in carroll county. My other daughter(10) and son(9) are going to shoot pellet rifles.

If I ever get a chance, I'm going to talk to someone about starting a chicken showing program. I know nothing about it, but maybe someone will.

I just ordered 6 blk silkies, and 6 red frizzles thru a hatchery. unfortunately, 2 were doa and 2 were about gone upon opening package. within 48 hours 4 silkies and 4 frizzles had died. Leaves me 2 each. ALL the americanas I ordered just to fill the minimum order of 25 have lived. kinda bummed out about it. What are the chances I have a pair of each!!??

kristen, that's alotta chicks you have there. You have a small hatchery going down there?

I(we) love going to the coop and gathering eggs. That just doesn't get old. And lately the hens(all free range) have decided to start hiding their eggs. I found 7 in the garage last week. My daughter found 8 in our shed. Just after thanksgiving we had a favorite chicken go missing. We don't lose many so we were upset. Anyway, Christmas day we're at mother in laws and daughter had to go home for something. she called all excited. the hen had finally showed up and she had 8 chicks with her...nice christmas present.

We eat eggs, but not as many as our girls produce. I give lots away. People just really seem to enjoy those brown eggs.

Sorry to hear that your baby silkies were DOA, I hope you called the hatchery and got credit. I will probably have extra, so just let me know later on if you need more. I have 15 babies right now and 8 adults. I have one bantam faverolle pullet too. Trying to hatch out some others but have not had much luck yet. Can't find a hatchery that sells bantam faverolle chicks either. The next time one of my silkies goes broody, I am going to try to get some faverolle eggs to put under her. Hope you get something going with the 4-h and chickens, That would be great. Keep us posted.

Marie

i will be interested in some silkies if you have any extra. I just have 2 and with my luck, they're bots roos.~

my wife has family in grenada. you prolly know some of them.

we've actually started attending church there...christ community church

My husband probably knows them. He knows everyone. He has lived here his whole life (47 years). I have lived here a while too but I did not grow up here and I work a lot. So I don't get to socialize much. I will let you know what I end up with and how many extra I have. I am getting lots of splash silkies. I have blue and black adults. I have heard a lot of good things about Christ Community Church. Do you know Damon Stroud? I think they go there. I don't recall who else told me that they attend that church? It is great to meet you. Feel free to email me anytime. You can send me pics of your chickens and I can send you some of mine as well. Take care.

Marie

we've just started going there(CCC). and I have to work half the Sundays of each month so it's going to take a while to put names with faces. So far, we're very pleased with the church. Love the pastor, Big John.

My wifes aunt owns Neblett's Frame Shop.

polly tate

Hi there from MS gulf coast! Don't know of too many folks around here that have chickens these days. Just put my first post on this forum tonight and I don't even know for sure where I put it!!!
he.gif

Nice to meet you all. And welcome to the forum. I am sure you will learn a lot and meet lots of very helpful folks. Don't worry about posting wrong, someone will move it to the correct area if need be. Take care.

Marie
Grenada, MS

Back
Top Bottom