M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Kelly's Chickens :

I was really hoping to get some from someone who breeds them so they don't look like all the other hatchery chickens I've bought. They all seem to have the same body shape even though they are different breeds. Someone told me that BR's are known for pecking each other and feather pulling. I may look into getting some Wyandott's instead since they are a dual purpose breed and are purported to be gentle.

You might also want to look at Sussex....they are a good duel purpose and mine have been very gentle. Wyandottes are good choice too. Either way it might be hard to find any breeders in MS. I have not found any SS breeders (or other duel purpose breeds) to in my area, so I have had to gamble with hatching eggs from breeders on here from other states.
barnie.gif
It don't always get good hatches from shipped eggs.
barnie.gif

Good Luck to you.
smile.png

Hi, Porterfive

I live in Raymond and raise Serama Bantams. We had trouble with field rats last summer. I keep mice out of my feed by storing it in metal garbage cans with lids. I have 3 cans - one for chick starter, one for layer feed, and one for diatamaceous earth and corn. To keep the field rats out of chicken pens, we used 1/4" hardware cloth. Nice to meet you.

HEy from Picayune. MS. I am getting back into chickens. I currently have silver lace wyndottes hopefully will be hatching some. This spring. And buff Orpington. Have 4 turkey hens and a gobbler to.. I have a motels crew of cats and dogs. I am looking for a few blue and lavender orpingtons. I like the colors.anyone have a few they might want to sell at a decent price. I am a school teacher so funds are low. And only get paid once a month yuck thanks

Rottiemom, are your SLW's hatchery or breeder stock? Are you willing to sell any of the ones you hatch out this spring? I would like to buy some. I live in Wiggins so I'm not too far from Picayune. What type of turkey's do you have?
Kelly

My SLW are from a mixture of places. I did not buy but 3 last year from a feed the store the rest I have picked up this year from different people. So i do not know if you would called them hatchery stock or breeder stock. yes i will sell a few when i get them hatched. The chicken are molting right now so we are not having very many eggs. I am hoping to put some in a incubator the first week of Feb. The turkeys my hens or a cross between a white and bourbon (can not spell the white breed Naqkuett) and my tom is a Broad brested Bronze. these birds the hens where hatched by a turkey hen so i am hoping these will set but will be incubating a few of those to.

clarissan

Hey Ya'll ! I'm from Arkansas, but born and raised in Yazoo City. I am very addicted to BYC forum, it's great! I'm new to chickens and learned everything I know from here. I've just got 3 hens now but will be adding soon!

HEy from Picayune. MS. I am getting back into chickens. I currently have silver lace wyndottes hopefully will be hatching some. This spring. And buff Orpington. Have 4 turkey hens and a gobbler to.. I have a motels crew of cats and dogs. I am looking for a few blue and lavender orpingtons. I like the colors.anyone have a few they might want to sell at a decent price. I am a school teacher so funds are low. And only get paid once a month yuck thanks

I know what you mean!!! My husband is a coach and it has been a long time since the December paycheck!
barnie.gif

Will be tommorrow or the next day before I can but do not mind posting them. Building cages right now for them.

Back
Top Bottom