M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
I am, but you already know that
caf.gif

Just checking in from the uppermost north of Mississippi. Hello from Corinth. Just starting to experiment with incubating eggs and looking to have an egg laying flock by spring. So, if anyone within an hour of me is selling fertile eggs gimme a holler!

Later,
Lew

Last edited:
im not too far away from Pass Christian...about 1.5-2h depending on traffic. we are in the George/Greene County area! :) My neighbor recommended this site to me

im new here also...we are in the southeast corner of Mississippi also! we started with one hen as a "pet"... HA...im now officially a "chicken-a-holic!" My 4H child has now become a "bantam-a-holic!" We now have in our modest flock CoCo, a black Australorp hen (sweety who loves to snuggle!), Matilda, a Buff Orpington hen who runs across the yard like a dog when her name is called, Mary, a beautiful greyish patterned hen who we have no idea of the breed, two red sex-link hens, three more black australorp hens(dumplin, Gracie & EggCetera), a blue laced wyandotte rooster (Waylon Jennings), a silver laced wyandotte hen, and a dominique "look-a-like" hen (Patsy Cline) too small to be a dominique, but a little too big to be a bantam who lays white eggs?!?! my 4H daughter has a red seabright hen, Autumn with her 5 biddies, Gilda, bantam hen & Bob, bantam rooster who both look like gold laced wyandotte crosses...now she's researching and saving to budget her money for ducks. im now researching muscovy & khaki campbells...

Hello musinglew, I'm in Ripley, about 45 minutes from you. .Do you have any chickens now? I have six Australorps, 3 roos and 3 pullets. Also two Dominique pullets. Mine haven't laid any eggs yet, should be a month or two before they do. Two of the roos I was hoping were pullets, but they are now crowing up a storm. I would like to give them to a good home. When I do have eggs you are welcome to some.

Does anyone have chicks or baby rabbits near Smithville? My daughter has always wanteda rabbit and now she's doing a research project on American fuzzy lops so we'd love one or at least all info or even pics for her project.

I live in Ripley and every weekend before the 1st Monday of the month there is a Flea Market here. There are lots of chickens, rabbits and other animals for sale there. If you do go there are animals just inside the gate to the right and there is also a lot at the very back that only has animals for sale.

Thanks for the reply Lynn. Right now I am trying to hatch a flock of Black Copper Marans. But I built a coop for my mom and picked her up some hens and a dominique roo from first Monday last summer. Unfortunately they wouldn't lay for her. So I am trying to hatch her a new flock of whatevers....LOL
When you have some eggs let me know, maybe hers will go to laying when it warms back up a little.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom