M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Bailey MS here god to know there are a few of us poking around!!!
1f606.png

GOOD to know by the way. I've been scouring the enternet for info on livestock sales with little success. I only have chickens but the wife and I like to go and look with the option to buy more chickens. Finding something in our area has been tougher than I thought. Also what few I have found have been by word of mouth with little info on what may be available at said sales. So if anyone knows of some good sales we could attend that would be awesome!!! The road trips are just as important!!!
1f609.png
Thanks

If you were asking me about welsummers i don't have any of those. There are all kinds of local groups on Facebook for just about anything in the state. MS poultry swap ,north MS poultry swap, north MS small animal page, etc. Just poke around on there.Ripley is a constant every month thing. Here in Coldwater there is a trade days 3 times a year. Down in south MS they have all kinds of swaps and auctions. Hub City, Petal area. Semms like the heaviest activity in the state is around Hattisburg.

T
If you were asking me about welsummers i don't have any of those. There are all kinds of local groups on Facebook for just about anything in the state. MS poultry swap ,north MS poultry swap, north MS small animal page, etc. Just poke around on there.Ripley is a constant every month thing. Here in Coldwater there is a trade days 3 times a year. Down in south MS they have all kinds of swaps and auctions. Hub City, Petal area. Semms like the heaviest activity in the state is around Hattisburg.

Thanks I don't do Facebook but I'll check in those areas Hattisburg is not far at all from us at all.

Just looked, there are sales/swaps in Hub city, Runnesltown, and Elsenor today. Wherever those last two are i have No idea, lol

GOOD to know by the way. I've been scouring the enternet for info on livestock sales with little success. I only have chickens but the wife and I like to go and look with the option to buy more chickens. Finding something in our area has been tougher than I thought. Also what few I have found have been by word of mouth with little info on what may be available at said sales. So if anyone knows of some good sales we could attend that would be awesome!!! The road trips are just as important!!!
1f609.png
Thanks
The only local I know of is the farmers market they have in Meridian and Williamsville in Philadelphia. I hear the farmers market occasionally has birds, Williamsville is so-so, lot of sick birds up there so you just have to pick and choose.

What kind of birds you looking for? I've got some leghorn cockerels, a Rhode Island Red Cock, and some other "chickens" (all cockerels) if you're looking for roosters. Been meaning to take them up to Philadelphia but the weekends have been a little cold or something else always comes up.

God bless,
Daniel.

The only local I know of is the farmers market they have in Meridian and Williamsville in Philadelphia. I hear the farmers market occasionally has birds, Williamsville is so-so, lot of sick birds up there so you just have to pick and choose.

What kind of birds you looking for? I've got some leghorn cockerels, a Rhode Island Red Cock, and some other "chickens" (all cockerels) if you're looking for roosters. Been meaning to take them up to Philadelphia but the weekends have been a little cold or something else always comes up.

God bless,
Daniel. 

Not really looking for anything particular. I've just recently gotten into chickens so I have two production reds in a lil tractor out back. I'm working on a big coop and run at present and have 4 bantams and 1 I think is LF in our brooder now. I have as of today 22 developing Heritage RIR's Chris Herzog is hatching for me I'll pick up around the 20th. During the cold months we don't do to much so hitting sales and such gets us outta the house more than anything but would like to see some chickens and possibly buy a few here and there. Any ideas on dates,times and such for these trade days I'm outta town a good bit so I'm not up on what's about town to often.
Thanks
Bryant

Not really looking for anything particular. I've just recently gotten into chickens so I have two production reds in a lil tractor out back. I'm working on a big coop and run at present and have 4 bantams and 1 I think is LF in our brooder now. I have as of today 22 developing Heritage RIR's Chris Herzog is hatching for me I'll pick up around the 20th. During the cold months we don't do to much so hitting sales and such gets us outta the house more than anything but would like to see some chickens and possibly buy a few here and there. Any ideas on dates,times and such for these trade days I'm outta town a good bit so I'm not up on what's about town to often.
Thanks
Bryant
Philadelphia sell is every Saturday, sellers start setting up at/a little before sunrise usually and stay until about 2PM. Farmers market in Meridian is usually the first Saturday of the month I believe.

I am just south of Chunky. I got a trio of RIR's from Chris Herzog. Also got some New Hampshires and barred rocks. I have about 12 RIR that should hatch today and around 12 New Hampshires.

Back
Top Bottom