M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Okay I've had an interesting week so far, Saturday we sold our leghorns to a guy who needed them for 2 movies. A Bonnie and Clyde documentary on the
History channel and a new movie called Mazerunner. So if you see the movies the huge rooster was
Jaugernaut. And last night our quail eggs started hatching. So far we've lost just one, it broke the egg and then died. Is that a normal thing. It broke my
It got so far then was gone!!! It's so sad!!!!!!
sad.png
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about quails :(

But I wanted to say that's really cool about your famous chickens :) I think The Maze Runner is going to be a big movie, maybe a series if it does well. I have the books, but I haven't read them yet.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Tank1- I don't know anyone in my area who sells chicken. I actually drove to Batesville last Sunday to buy chicks from a breeder there (6 Ameraucanas and 1 Easter Egger). If it wasn't you
wink.png
or someone you know, I can give you his number.

Savannah Soliz- That's awesome about your chicks and their mamas. That's my goal for next year, letting my older hens hatch their own chicks. Did you buy hatching eggs or do you hatch your own eggs?

I had two bantam hens go broody at same time so they both set on nest together with total of 13 eggs, 10 bantam eggs and I snuck in 3 large eyes 1 white leghorn and 2 kooka marans. One maran didn't make it but leghorn and other maran are doing great with there surrogate mothers. Hoping I have all hens but won't know for a while!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to all our newcomers!! it's been awhile since I have visited and posted here but it warms my heart to see fellow Mississippians that love their chickens as much as I do.
big_smile.png

Hi, has anyone here from Mississippi or the Deep South ordered from a chick hatchery before? I have, and am expecting the little bundles of joy at the end of the month. I ordered from Cackle hatchery and I'm wondering how long did it take the post office to get your chicks safely
fl.gif
to you. Cackle said that their hatch date is on a Wednesday with the expected delivery on Friday. But, I've seen lots of unhappy people here on BYC with dead chicks because it took 3 days for delivery instead of 2. How long did it take anyone else to get their chicks?

Beaks of Hazard, I have ordered from My Pet Chicken. I notified the local post office ahead of time to let them know when to expect the chicks. They called to let me know when the chicks arrived first thing that morning. So, I guess to answer your question: hatch day (1) + (1) day in transit = you should get them on the morning of day 3. You shouldn't have anything to worry about as long as your p.o. Has a reliable way to reach you and knows to call you AS SOON AS the babies come in. Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom