M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
My sister's fiance is from down Winona way and my grandparents live in Kilmichael while my grandad preached there. Does anybody know of where I can get some dominique eggs around here. I want the old timey, rose comb domineckers.

OMG, Kilmichael:D My uncle used to tease the mess out of my big sister and have her crying her eyes out when we passed the sign for Kilmichael. My dad's name is Michael.

Kriston,I am currently hatching eggs from my two Dom. hens & roo.
I have eggs in the bator and under a setting hen. This will be my first hatch from these three . I'm hoping for good chicks. I'm also saving
recent eggs for hatching.If you do not find any eggs let me know.
I have relatives in your area,my mother lives in Armory.
I tried to send pics don,t think it worked
shack

Kristen, My roo. Failed to get hens pics to load
shack
21043_100_1522.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty bird!! My husband talked to a man last night that has Dominiques from Canada!!!! Whoo Hoo. He's the only one in the state with this type of dominique and they are HUGE. He is supposed to be saving us as many eggs as he can get in a week because he's 4 hours away. He's also got Cuckoo Marans that lay eggs so dark they look purple! Now I'm wondering how fast can I throw another coop together for those LOL!!!

Hello! Thanks to M. Martin, I found this thread. I am in the Delta and currently have eight Dom. hens and to adopted hens (not really sure what they are but they are good layers). I was looking for some EE's (5 year old daughter wants different colored eggs). Also, I was looking for some Wellsummers or Marans for some dark egg layers. I am not really looking for any roo's but if I have to take them as a trio that will be just fine with me. Thanks.

I am in Terry, Mississippi....I just purchased 3 EE from Copiah co co-op and 5 from Southern Feed and Seed in Jackson...All chicks....I hope to have tinted eggs this fall...My son who is 8 wants them sooooo bad...

Hello to all. I live in Bogue Chitto, Mississippi with my wife, four daughters, three cats, one dog, one guinea, and fifty eggs in the incubator. (Oh, I almost forgot that we are expecting our fifth child in September--probably another girl)

I caught the "chicken addiction, bug or whatever you want to call it" when I was about 7 or 8 years old. My daddy's friend gave me a white leghorn hen and I thought she was amazing. I have been hooked ever since!

I have a 50' x 50' chicken yard that I completed a few years ago, but I can keep nothing in it because of predators. I am spending this week trying to put a top on it. Any suggestions on predator control will be helpful.

Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif
I believe you are the closest member I've seen here on this site! I live in Monticello. Good to have you here. Predators? Shotgun works well. However, that's a little extreme if you have marauding neighborhood dogs, for instance. Haven't had too much trouble yet with hawks even tho I have some that have nested here for years. I did lose my best bantam rooster to one several years ago. I put a cover on my run after that. My chickens free range during the day now and are shut up in a predator-proof enclosure at night. A howling pack of coyotes got really close last night and I wondered just how well my fence would hold up to them if they were determined enough to get in, but I do have 2 dogs that were really sounding the alarm. I hope that was enough. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hello! Finally found some Mississippians--we are from Tishomingo and just joined the forum. Glad to see some of you aren't too far away. We're in the process of building the barn so our flock of 5 ducks and 5 cochins will eventually be growing.

Back
Top Bottom