M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
how's the water? is going to get close to the road?

Its getting pretty high. Its about 8-10 foot from the road in the place it flooded first last year - I hope it doesnt get there!!!! Riding the levees -Not So Fun
sad.png

Yeah, those levees are pretty teeth jarring, aren't they? We have a cabin there that my father had built several years before he passed. I get over there as much as possible for some R&R and quality outlet shopping!!

Spunky~Chick~Mom :

Quote:
Hi and welcome. What part of the delta? I'm from Greenville and Greenwood.

I am a greenville gal!​

Well....small world. My maiden name is Monique Joseph, my cousin Michael Sherman owns the shoe store downtown next to the original Stein Mart.

Quote:
Oh my gosh - and you didn't stop to say hi? What kind of Mississippian are you? This is your only pass on that kind of behavior.

Where are you located? Are you near here? Please do come for a visit if so. How'd you know it was my house? Did you just happen to recognize it from my postings?

I haven't hiked Clark Creek but some of my kids have. Did you go in the Pond Store that's been there since 1800s?

Edited to say:

I just checked and Edwards is a little over 2 hours away. I can't believe you and your group didn't stop for a visit. I have total strangers stop, almost daily, asking for a tour (had two different groups stop on Saturday) - I fully expect any BYCer that is in this neck of the woods to stop in for a glass of sweet tea and say hi to my chickens. Ya'll all hear that???
smile.png

Last edited:
a truck was pulling out the driveway . i was being tailgated ,i was watching the mirror and oh there's ruth's house , i didn't even get to beep the horn
roll.png
. i recognized it from the farmhouse or front porch thread.

FIL is good friends with the family that owns the pond store

we were super late getting there, we were late leaving, then the kids made me stop at a store in natchez when i pulled out i missed the turn and took the downtown tour
barnie.gif
make us even later.

Last edited:
tongue.png

Quote:
I am a greenville gal!

Well....small world. My maiden name is Monique Joseph, my cousin Michael Sherman owns the shoe store downtown next to the original Stein Mart.

It is a small world!!! But we are talking about mississippi.... ha ha
Us southern folk are supposed to know everybody!

Back
Top Bottom