M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
@ buildingmyark and whiskey bay:

Thanks for all the info on breeds, watering systems, and hatcheries!

With 4 kids wanting to handle the chickens, we definitely want some sweet ones. I'll have to look into that further.

We don't have water where the coop will be, but we were already looking into how we could run some down there without having to keep the water hose stretched across the yard all the time. Sounds like the water system would be well worth it.

I would LOVE to visit Southern Farm Hatchery...hopefully we can make a trip down sometime in May. And thanks for the offer on the chicks, but I'm not looking to be ready for chicks until mid-June.
sad.png

Thanks again for the welcome and information...I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!

We started building the brooder late yesterday evening (that is until all the rain hit us). I'll post pics as soon as we have it finished and keep you informed on the coop-building.

Tupelo here. I don't have any chickens yet. I'm just prowling trying to learn and get some ideas of what I need.

Hancock county here. I raise bantams, mostly seabrights, but a couple assorted others. Plus three aggravating turkeys and three ringneck pheasant hens. I'm currently trying to get some pheasant/seabright cross eggs to hatch. It was purely accidental, but I figured what the heck, might be an interesting color pattern.

hi i am from franklin county in meadville mississippi. i am setting 30 eggs today. If anyone close to me would like to have any of the boys that hatch please contact me. i am setting 10 silkies, 8 marans, 2 millies, 6 americaunas they are lavender split with a chance to get a lavender one, and 3 americaunas that are breed to a maran roo. i am at my limit for roos and have no more room for more roos. If you would like the boys when they hatch again please let me know so my DH will not have to cull them. also if you would like a few hens please let me know i am thinking i might give a few of them away to so i can have a better chance of getting rid of the boys

Last edited:
Columbia, Ms. checking in! NICE TO MEET YA'LL!

3 RIR, 2 Ameracun(sp?), 2 Black sex link, 9 red sex link. 1 Australian Shepherd, 1 spoiled datchund, 1 buggy horse, cows and calves, 2 cats, hogs and 1 precious husband of 41 years!

Back
Top Bottom