M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
new to forum and not yet moved to Miss. DH and will be closing on land in Hazlehurst by mid-August on which to build our retirement home. Construction won't start until 2009 at earliest. In the meantime we are doing our homework and research. One of our priorities is raising our own chickens.

Advice and encouragement will be most appreciated.

Welcome, Carol! Good to have you. I live in Pike county, so not too far south of where you will be. I work in Lincoln county.

I look forward to getting to know you. You've chosen a great place to retire.

Cassandra

Hi Carol - welcome to BYC. Glad to hear you will be moving to Hazelhurst. My parents as well as my sister and her family live there. I'm two hours away in Woodville.

Monique "Ruth"

Thanks for the welcomes.

We are very excited about this move and trying to compromise on what type and size of house we want and can afford. Must sell this one first. We choose this area as it is much closer to our grands than our present 8-13 hours. The property is 5.4 acres and is an old homesite with a pond and just barely in the city limits. we want to have big garden and few chickens and enjoy our grandchildren while they are still young enough to go to Nanny's house in the summer.

Will have to learn the different climate and soil conditions as I am an avid gardener and especially interested in heirloom flowers and herbs of all kinds.

Carol

smile.png
Nice to see some more Mississippians on here...I'm from Central Ms in Attala County.

I'm a newbie here and a first timer with chickens. From Madison County. I have 2 Bantam/Arcadian (misspelled probably) Roosters....Henry and Sally (Sally didn't even look like a roo until the day he decided to crow....weeks after Henry already started. I also have 10 Cochin Bantam pullets ranging from 13-15 weeks old. And now the proud parent of a pair of 4 week old Call ducks (Donald and Daisy). I also have 6 little 15 week old roos, 1 blue that I'm keeping, their Cochin Bantams also. But the other five have to go. Anyone want so roos?
big_smile.png

smile.png
Welcome to the Forum jaime. My you have a bunch of Roos...lol..I don't have any Bantams all mine are Standard Heavy Layers. But I do want to get a few Ducks...that is when Hubby gets over his angst at me raising chickens!
lol.png

I left my hubby no choice. Told him one day I was thinking about chickens and the next day started building my coup and got my chicks! He also had no choice in the 4 cats I have or the pet mouse. The darn dog is his though. ( yet he lives outside)
big_smile.png
Then I told him I was thinking about the Call ducks. Next day I came home with them.
cool.png
He has learned that I have an obsession with pets and critters.
big_smile.png
He's learned to live with it. As long as momma's happy everyone's happy!!

I don't want to get off topic but we're all from MS here so I thought ya'll could help. I have 5, 15 week old Cochin Bantam roos that have got to go. I tried selling like my Uncle told me to but now I'm just giving them away. But nobody is replying to any of my ads. I've posted at the co-op, the Piggly Wiggly ( they have a board you can post ads on) and on Oodle. Now what do I do? I don't know how else to get rid of them or have anyone who wants them. Any clues?
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom