M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
well, the woman supposed to be shipping me the white eggs had to back out . she had a family tragedy any way, she had to be away some of her birds died in the heat had a neighbor or something checking on them. bad deal. so the whites will be on hold.

Oh no! thats awful :( We have had lots of rain for the past several days and I am very thankful for it! My chickens are cooler and laying again for the moment. Maybe you could get the whites from someone else?

i am going to try to find some others. i keep hoping that with it being cooler they will pick up laying more again. so far not great but i would think any day now they will. i was going to put up a pic of the mille de cochin chick but it won't let me
sad.png

well i think i found my white orpingtons. i have been in a conversation with a man who wants to do a trade. i have two pair of grown laying sumatra. they are splash roosters and black hens. i have been hatching blue babies from them and one hen just had a nice hatch yesterday. so i have lots of blue sumatra stock now. i am going to tradehim the 4 for 4 white and 4 black orpington that are 6 weeks old. i hatched 3 blacks the other day also myself. meeting him at Wren saturday morning with them. can not wait. anyone else onhere going to be at Wren?

Hi MajorJC!
welcome-byc.gif
What kind of birds do you have?

We have 5 red star pullets, 3 bantam RIR, and 1 Mille Fleur D'Uccle that are about 15 weeks old and 25 one week old chicks which are supposed to be all pullets of standard RIR, Golden Buff, Barred Plymouth Rock, and Australorp. We also have five ducks. We are new to keeping chickens since easter and I am still trying to find time to finish my coop and run.

well of course we drove 2 hours and the guy no showed, geez! was sick, truck broke down, martians abbducted him, the sky wqs falling, etc. lol. oh well, sold a few cochin bantams that i wanted rid of and we hit this little antique store on the way home and it had lots of old chicken stuff. we bought a carry cage from probably the 60's that we just loved! oh well, will keep trying to find the whites

I'm jealous! Not of the no show :( but I love to go junkin' lol. I wished I was closer! If we ever travel north I'd love to come see your flock.

Have you thought about buying some eggs and hatching them yourself?

Back
Top Bottom