M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
I hear ya. we did well at the show and had a lot of fun. met some new chicken people from around here. it was small but hope we can build on it for next year. all our roosters won 1st places and our hens all got 2nds. the girls have to step up their games! lol

Hello from west Alabama. Is there anyone who has room for a Australorp cockerel? I'd love to find him a home.

Jones County, here! After years of working on my husband, I finally convinced him to let me get some chickens. Only two for right now, but it's a start! (We're about to start building a house and he's agreed to let me have a total of five after we get finished and settle in). Getting two Barred Rock hens from a friend tomorrow that are already laying. *happy dance*

Hey ya'll - I am looking for some Blue Copper Marans if anyone has them or knows of anyone. I have several extra Lavender Orpintons I'm getting rid of as well.

What do y'all use in your runs? I've been reading about the deep litter method using pine straw, leaves, etc instead of shavings. Supposedly, it just smells like dirt. Have any of y'all tried this? Although I grew up helping my papaw with his chickens, I know nothing about getting started with this LOL! I'm currently using an old 10x10 dog pen with another 5x5 "cube" attached on the back with a brown tarp over it. Hopefully, I can sweet talk my way into an actual chicken yard when we get our house built.

i use a little bit of everything. bermuda hay, wheat straw pine straw, pine shavings, just whatever i feel like it that day. i also gt in there and till it under a couple of times a year. do not use cedar shavings, fumes from that are badfor birds. while your house is being built payattention to the scrap pile, lots of great coops have been built from a construction pile.

Back
Top Bottom