Mabel's Legacy-BABY PICTURES!!!!

I SWEAR I saw them move... no one believes me...and they think I'll go blind watching them...so tomorrow night is the beginnings of the hatch....6 eggs

2 speckled sussex
1 barnevelder
3 sicilian buttercups

need some serious advice about weather I should get some day olds at the feed store here of the breeds I was hoping would hatch...they get theirs from Ideal

fl.gif

It's just silly this feeling of waiting and waiting...it brings back memories of when I was about ready to give birth to my twins (humans) but I love the instant gratification of hatching eggs, 3 weeks and your done...instead of 40 weeks!

thanks so much...what a saga...hope we get a little mabeleine! so what is the requisite number of times you should check the eggs in an hour??
barnie.gif

Next time at the end of april...this is my thought, before I set the eggs I'll draw a small straight line down the center long ways on the egg, that way when lockdown comes I can set them so the line is upright and I can be convinced they are moving by the position of the line....I'm going blind looking at them now, Larry thinks I'm hallucinating!

Hi Cheryl,
Your Barnevelder egg's siblings are getting ready to pip. I have 29 of them on lockdown and should have some pips soon. 7-11 shipped eggs are pipping and peeping away. They were all set late at night on the 4th.

It is hard not to sit and stare at them!
smile.png

Best wishes
fl.gif

Trisha

you are so lucky, as a result of all of Mabels problems I only have one barnevelder that I "think" is viable. If it doesn't happen, can I have a few chicks?
smile.png

thanks val, well posing??? no it's really called, Cheryl taking a ton of photos and then one comes out ok!! lol

I often will just take a seat in the run and when they settle down...it's picture time!!

Back
Top Bottom