Mabel's Legacy-BABY PICTURES!!!!

Congrats on your great hatch! How about some pictures now?.....
jumpy.gif

Yep I'll do that this am...I've got to vaccinate them for mareks (that's what Mabel died of) so i'll take pictures before. I'm trying to hold them as much as possible so they become snuggle bums!(technical term!)

They are all perfectly healthy...woohoo

Oh did I mention I got 4 more at the feed store, so I have 10! I know I'm nutz but so all of you!

Also I'm planning the eggs that I want to get for setting them at the end of april in my new incubator!!

This is the "CURRENT" list - seems to change hourly....If anyone knows something about the breeds and thinks I shouldn't try them...PLEASE let me know - I wanted this to be a just-for-fun mix

Golden cuckoo Maran
Brabanter cream
Wheaton Maran
Buff Brahma Standard
Wheaton pendesenca
Tolbunt polish
Buff polish
Delaware
Partridge Chanteclers
Salmon Faverolle
Buff Sussex
White Orpington
mille fleur leghorns
Exchequer Leghorns
barnevelder(need a few more, since the one I have may be a rooster!)

Last edited:
You know that scene is Jaws where they say..."we're gonna need a bigger boat"?? Well, I think you're gonna "need a bigger boat"!!

You are so addicted just like the rest of us!
congrats018zb.gif

Went really well, had a great new 'chicken' friend help. I took, head, body and comb shots just have to upload tonight...promise...they are all so cute!

I know you won't believe that between all the pictures I took last night then came home tonight....They have feathers...geez this is to fast.

So I'm trying to put everything up on Picassa/google site - I'd like to chronicle their develop daily- (I've never had chicks before so it's so interesting to me) give me a bit and I'll have them up tonight with a link for all to see.
but just in case you can't wait...

Introducing Ethyl a sicilian buttercup

41441_bc2.jpg

and

Introducing Freida the Barnevelder

41441_dsc01353.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhhh!!!

Where did you find your Marek's vaccine? Many places seem to have it on backorder. Also the needles, did you order those with the vaccine? TSC doesn't sell any that small.

Thanks. I have 7 babies to do so far, and 7 adults, and 5 juveniles, and a broody. Trying to wait for all the babes before I do this.

Back
Top Bottom