Mabel's Legacy-BABY PICTURES!!!!

Quote:
Freida looks like a girl to me. But, Barnevelders are so hard to sex. I think girl because I see a darker chest and "she" has wing feathers showing a bit already. The comb is also pretty tiny and the stance is a little more like a girl too. The boys stand up tall with their chests sticking out in almost a "I'm bigger than you" stance. Boys sometimes have white chests. I try to add up all the possible "signs" and then guess. I do hope you got a girl for all your troubles.

Trisha

Oh Cheryl, Ethel and Freida are so sweet!!
love.gif
love.gif
Isn't it amazing how fast they grow and develop. They go from cute little fuzzy butts to teeny tail feathers so quickly. Then watch out!!

Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

Val

Thank you for the links. I can't believe I'm going to stick these little babies. And mine are banties so they are REALLY small, but they grow quick. I need to do a night project so I can get my big birds while they are roosting, and I know I need to do the whole flock at the same time. And a good time was had by all.
smile.png

OH I'm so silly....that is MINNIE the barnevelder cuz she's the smallest and the last out!

It's taking forever to get these pictures loaded so I'll give you the names at least... all our girls at The Omelet Ranch are named from the 1940's

Abby the Sussex (from our last sussex that passed)

Mabeleine the mystery sussex

Lucy is buttercup #1 - crazy stripe

Ethyl is buttercup #2 - straight stripe

Rosie is SLW

Frieda is Barred Rock

Phoebe is white EE - isn't that a great name for her???

Melba is the dark EE

Minnie for the little barenvelder

YEAAAAA!!!! I've been out of town and away from the computer since Wednesday and I'm SO HAPPY about your hatch!! I was just dying to get back and see how it all went, such precious, precious little ones and I'm just LOVING their names!! More pictures!! Mabel would of been so proud of you! Chicken/human collaboration at its best!! Yea Cheryl!!!
ya.gif

PICTURES, check them out at this link
http://picasaweb.google.com/Auntducks

Mabel and I hatched....
Abby the Sussex (from our last sussex that passed)

Mabeleine the mystery sussex

Lucy is buttercup #1 - crazy stripe

Ethyl is buttercup #2 - straight stripe

Minnie for the little barnevelder

And these beauties came from local feed store/ Ideal stock....
Rosie is SLW

Frieda is Barred Rock

Phoebe is white EE - isn't that a great name for her???

Melba is the dark EE

I'll be updating the captions so you can see the dates...next order of business will be sexing!! LOL

Last edited:
So adorable!! This gets me soooo excited!

I have a broody barred rock sitting on 3 eggs and a palm turkey sitting on 9 chicken eggs
big_smile.png
Can't wait for little peepers--I'm so jealous!!! They're adorable!

Back
Top Bottom