MadamPoofyBrow's Super Awesome Chat Thread!

Nothin much :-D

Any advice what age to start letting chicks free range? I've got 38 1 and a half week olds right now, and they're pretty big already. Eight weeks? Ten? I'll get some pics later, they're cute :-D They'll live with other hens and a few big roosters, who will probably protect them at least a little.

I waited until mine were 15 weeks.

Sorry I've been neglecting my thread
ep.gif

Been super busy, but now I'm back!

I have a hen that sounds like a goose all the time
lau.gif

She's raising chicks right now and I was very surprise when she honked and the babies ran up like she was calling them!
gig.gif

Then I went and set another batch of eggs, to hatch in a couple of weeks. I just can't quit
wee.gif

I've heard ducks are messy, but I still want some! Other than the mess, how hard are they? Do you seriously need an entire lake, or will a little kid pool work??? Love their names!!!!!

Ok cool. That gives me hope that she IS a hen. And her colds going away. Me neither! It's addicting. They're actually easy. We have three creeks,but I didn't want them out in the woods all alone. Plus,they love hanging out with the chickens. So that's exactly what I bought!!!!! Lol two kiddie pools!!!! Plastic so they can't tear it. They have np pooping up those either!!!! Gross I tell ya!
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png
1f4a9.png

Awesome! We have two creeks, but they're WAY back up in our woods. I'm tryna talk everyone into ducks currently
wink.png

I can imagine! That would be so gross :p At least chickens have a little bit of manners about where they poop. A LITTLE bit
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom