made my first brooder. Thoughts? suggestions?

gofeedthegirls

Chirping
May 11, 2015
Thief River Falls, MN
Made a new brooder. Its 4x8 and 2ft walls. First time making one. I put a divider in and a 2x4 across to hang my heat lamp.
What are your thoughts?

Well, I figured at 4x8 is going to much bigger than what they need at the beginning, it will suit them much better later on. I have 15 arriving tomorrow and 30sq ft is what is the bare minimum for 15. I read on a post saying chicks may have a hard time finding water, heat, feed if the brooder is large. Im not sure if thats true but I figured if it did happen I would be prepared to section it off. The divider slides in and out easily.

Well, I figured at 4x8 is going to much bigger than what they need at the beginning, it will suit them much better later on. I have 15 arriving tomorrow and 30sq ft is what is the bare minimum for 15. I read on a post saying chicks may have a hard time finding water, heat, feed if the brooder is large. Im not sure if thats true but I figured if it did happen I would be prepared to section it off. The divider slides in and out easily.
Makes sense. You will always be happier with a bigger brooder as they get older. I don't believe that they will have an issue finding what they need, but it will definitely help keep it warmer for when they are younger.

I think you will be happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom