Maggots or pinworms? Please help!

CountryG1rl

Hatching
Sep 19, 2023
Hello!

I have two outdoor rabbits that live together. Today when i was cleaning their cage, I found some tiny white worms near their litter spot. Are they pinworms or maggots? And what would be the best course of action? Sadly a vet is not an option right now.

Thanks!
-Melissa

If you haven't noticed your rabbits scratching or biting at their butts, my guess is going to be maggots. They wriggle around a lot. If you think it's pinworms, check the butts of the rabbits, and you should see some there.

A picture might help if you can't figure it out, but we can't make suggestions without knowing exactly what it is.

If you haven't noticed your rabbits scratching or biting at their butts, my guess is going to be maggots. They wriggle around a lot. If you think it's pinworms, check the butts of the rabbits, and you should see some there.

A picture might help if you can't figure it out, but we can't make suggestions without knowing exactly what it is.
Thank you very much!! I will check her over, but I havnt seen her itch or bite herself. These were very wriggly, so maybe they are maggots. if so, that doesn't mean flystrike, right?

Back
Top Bottom