Magoo is gone

SouthernPride

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2011
Olive Branch, MS
sad.png
. Something got Magoo. His body has disappeared with the exception of some feathers that were obviously pulled from his body. It was in the middle of the yard between the pond and the coop, this area is not fenced. It happened sometime between dusk and dawn. The are no foot prints, drag marks or blood. Or other geese are spooked. I knew that this could happen but I could not get him in the coop last night, he and the other 2 would not cooperate. I'm afraid that whatever it was will be back for more. Anyone know what it could be? We've seen just about all the predators you can think of.

I'm sorry to hear your goose is gone. That is very sad. Check to make sure there isn't a snake in there pen. I found that out when my chickens were acting strange. It happened with a duck too. If someone has a trap maybe you can set it tonight and catch the predator. Good luck.

They were not in a pen. A snake would not have been able to eat him, he was too big. I'm thinking raccoon, fox or coyote, maybe even a barred owl. We will do a liitle more investigated this evening for any remains and will try some sneaky tactics to get those 2 in the coop tonight.

I believe CRJ meant that there may have been a snake in the pen- spooking the geese so that would not coop up. I'm thinking that your predator was probably a coyote, bobcat or fox. Good luck, for you are correct it will return.

Raccoons don't usually drag them off, but coyotes,coydogs,dogs, etc. Large predators will carry off, a fox too, but a goose is rather large for a fox to want to take on....

Back
Top Bottom