Magpie Duckling 100% YELLOW

annabobbob717

Songster
9 Years
Oct 19, 2014
Upstate new york
I have three ducklings hatched from eggs on ebay. They are magpie ducks which I have never raised before. One came out all yellow and the other two have the classic black patches all over. Does anybody know if this is common with some magpie ducklings? I love her either way, I’m just curious if another breed could have accidentally been sent. Thank you!

I know nothing about Magpie other than they are beautiful but I am wondering if, with this little one, the coloring may come in as the duckling begins to feather in? It will be interesting to know. Please keep us updated, and of course with pictures.

Did you contact the person that you got the eggs from about other breeds they have and what their thoughts are on your little all yellow one?

Thank you for responding! I was also thinking she may feather out with black patches. It’s just odd how yellow she is with so much black on the other two. I will post a few photos of the group to show the difference. I plan on emailing the seller just to see if maybe another egg popped in.

I have three ducklings hatched from eggs on ebay. They are magpie ducks which I have never raised before. One came out all yellow and the other two have the classic black patches all over. Does anybody know if this is common with some magpie ducklings? I love her either way, I’m just curious if another breed could have accidentally been sent. Thank you!
It's probably not a magpie. I have magpie call ducks and the always hatch with some black down.

This is the three, she’s the yellow one of course. It’s certainly possible she may have been from another breed. I am just trying to figure out what she’ll turn into!

Attachments

• 321FC11A-5F4D-4E3B-9570-A151D328DB30.jpeg
    321FC11A-5F4D-4E3B-9570-A151D328DB30.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 3AC625E8-3243-4CEA-AE4B-0EBF2079B6D5.jpeg
    3AC625E8-3243-4CEA-AE4B-0EBF2079B6D5.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom